Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

What an Honor!

17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, you've certainly been an inspiration to me. i don't think that she could have found anyone better, and congratulations to you. For all of it.. the quit, and the sharing, and the support, and the transformation that was noticed. It's all very much to be proud of. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, Wow it really is an honor for you. Thats awesome - its an amazing opportunity to reach out and help. Even if it only helps one person. I cant beleive 1/3 of her class smokes. That is way too high. My 20 year old nephew smokes and is an alcoholic, i just want to put him in a locked room for a few months and feed him fruits and vegitables lol brainwash him perhaps. ahhh ok its illegal i know. but i want him to live a long healthy life. I have put reminders up all around me, inspirational quotes, health facts about smoking and what it does to you, coming in here and posting and reading posts really helps, encouraging others in their quit. I knew once i got over those first few days i would be fine, i am "craving the quit", i "want the quit more than i want to smoke" and "its better to be a non-smoker with an occasional craving for a cig, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit". This is the easiest quits i have ever had. Support is very important, beleive you can do it and you will. PrincessC [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Princess. Those are really good reminders. Congratulations on 21 awesome days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 396 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1386 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a quick update folks. I'm scheduled to speak on 8/28. It will be here before you know it. I spoke with Dr. Cooper last week and she informed me that she has seen a dramatic increase in smokers over the last year. 1/3 of the students in each class are smokers. Amazing huh. Maybe we can help some others quit. I'm reaching out for some help from some of you. What are some of the things that really helped you to stick with your quit? Your help is appreciated. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 396 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1386 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lady That is absolutely fabulous. Reach out and touch as many people as you can you sound to me that you are that kind of a sensitive and genuine person. Make a difference, you can do it :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$363,416.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 11

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is wonderful Lady! I think it is great that you are going to be able to speak and touch so many lives. It makes all that one goes through in their quit just that more meaningful. You are going to be GREAT! Can't wait to hear your speech. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 5

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, Yes it is a great honour, but going by the quality of your posts, I'm hardly surprised she picked you They'll be hanging on your every word! Mr Ed :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �855 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I can only imagine how excited you must be. I read your story quick this morning right before I ran out the door to work. I couldn't wait to find the time to respond to you on how proud I am of you and of your great quit. Keep leading the way and the rest of us will continue to follow. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $272.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am ecstatic for you! - I also get great joy from knowing this is a big group! You can impact a whole bunch of folks at one time. Think of the wear and tear on your fingers and keyboard - LOL. All joking aside, you will do an excellent job and I am not surprised you were chosen for this at all. Life is GOOD Lady! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Lady, I should say that is an honor indeed. Of course, there is simply no way you can even think of smoking now. Incentive, indeed! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $972 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: