Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,668 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

The smokers around us... another way to see them??

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome post Joe. It may not be easy, but it is that simple. Never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$54,520.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 3

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just read about my relationship with my sister! Today was the first day I've seen her since I quit - and she lives 3 blocks away and our kids are in the same class at school - so really we should see each other every day! But you see, my sister still smokes - and yes she has chosen to avoid me because I'm proving that it CAN be done. I figured this out last time I quit and boy was she happy when she had me back as her smoking buddy. I had another friend who put her smokes down in front of me with an ashtray and said "help yourself". That was during my second to last quit (have quit A LOT) - and I was weak and I took the smoke. Can you imagine doing that to someone??? Maybe a long time ago but not anymore. Thanks for the great post Joe - lots to think about Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow, how true is that?! Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL!
  • Quit Meter

$272,604.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6106 Hours: 5

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing this Golferman Joe Bottom line is they are jealous - move along with your quit and be proud. Deep down, they are proud of you too - they're just not ready to tackle their own addiction. Be Tough, Life Is CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Joe.............. a great find and a great post. b [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �895 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/Comic20Thumbs20Up.jpg[/IMG] Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post. The author did a great job here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1172.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great post that I found on another site and wanted to share with my quit friends. I'm going to put this same title in the "Intro" forum with a link to it here as I suspect that some of the newbies don't get down to this forum too often. Enjoy. [b][color=blue]There are quite a few newbies on the list lately and I'm seeing a lot of them dealing with a similar hurdle in their quest to quit. It's having to deal with those smoking friends and family close to them. Some new quitters see this hurdle as very hard to overcome. Now, don't get me wrong. The perfect scenario for a quit is to be able to separate yourself from everything that has anything to do with smoking, at least for a little while. But, unfortunately for most of us, that's just not possible. So we get to decide to become a successful quitter in spite of this hurdle, or use this hurdle as a handy "excuse" to fail. Or worse yet, to not even try to begin with. Let's try looking at these smoking "friends" in a little different light. Maybe it'll give ya'll something to fall back on in a time of need. You see, I used to be one of those smoker "friends". I think there are quite a few of us who were. As a smoker I knew deep down that smoking was wrong and that I really shouldn't be doing it. But, I also convinced myself that if I was given a choice I would not choose to be enslaved by those little cancer sticks. So since I was still a smoker, it couldn't be by my own choice, right? I convinced myself that I was helpless against it and with this mind set I could just sit in my cozy little fantasy world and keep telling myself that I had no control over smoking. I didn't have to deal with the issue because I was just doomed to be a smoker for life. It's much easier to tell yourself that it's not your fault and therefore there�s nothing you can do about it, right? Now, when someone around me quit smoking it really posed a threat to my little chosen fantasy. You see, I continued to smoke because quitting was too hard, if not impossible. When you convince yourself of that you give yourself an "excuse" to just keep on smoking. Things are settled in your junkie brain and the waters are calm. You and your friends keep on keeping on and don't have to think about your smoking - it's just the way it
  • Quit Meter

$36,347.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9772 Hours: 1

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gr8 post! Thank you :) No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,874.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 588 Hours: 1

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: