Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Picky, Picky, Picky...

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Soooo proud of you! How was it that you didn't know before, though? T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$15,009.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 17

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Martha. I know I am early in my quit. But I already realize how selfish I was being as a smoker. Even though I know it was the addiction, I feel ashamed of masking my emotions & not facing them head on. I feel ashamed of putting other people's health at risk. I feel ashamed of wasting my money on an addiction ... I have children for goodness sake. I feel ashamed of not having enough self control & ignoring all the dangers of smoking. In my quit I am forgiving myself. I am putting down the baggage and moving forward. I am embracing the fact that there is pain in life instead of avoiding it or being scared of it. I am looking toward life difficulties in a positive light as it is in those times that I will grow. I am glad that I am feeling better day after day and that I am not exposing my children or anyone else to the health hazards of second hand smoke. Each day I don't smoke it builds my self confidence knowing that my self control is getting stronger and that I am setting a much better example to my kids. Now granted I do not think I was some horrible person as a smoker. Nor do I think other smokers are horrible people. But imo all addicts/smokers share some very selfish & immature characteristics. I am glad that I am realizing what those characteristics are so I can rid myself of them along with the addiction. Take what you like and leave the rest. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 6

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do not think I will be able to be around people that smoke anymore, I don't know. I already find myself not calling the few friends I have that smoke. I am not consciously doing this, it is just something that is sort of happening. I do not think they are bad people because they smoke, but I don't want to be around the smoke anymore. A smoker friend came over the other day. She gave me a hug and she stunk. I couldn't help think to myself ... omg I use to smell like that. It was gross. My quit is very important to me. I have to love myself more. If staying away from smoke and smokers helps me in my quit. I don't what else to say about that. My husband says that I can't be like that. He says I can't be so judgmental. I told him it has nothing to do with me judging them. It has nothing to do with them and everything to do with me. I do not think there is anything wrong with seeking out a non-smoker. I am so glad my husband and I quit together. I honestly don't know if I would want to hug or kiss him anymore if he smoked and I didn't. I find the smell to be so repulsive now. Can't help it, I just do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 6

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is your right! You may miss someone of worthiness but if that is a deal breaker than that is your choice! I only say this because I know I am a good person and I know many o good people who smoke... With your new life comes new rules/standards...embrace them! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Nascar, I think I am a good caring person worthy of others company and I also think that I was before. But we all have our own selection criteria be it smoking, looks, wealth, profession......whatever, that is our choice!
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very reasonable indeed! I cannot stand to be around the smoke at all now. Kind of makes my stomach turn. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 332 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I fell in love with someone who happened to smoke, I would learn to deal with it (while encouraging them to quit, of course! :eg: ) BUT, if starting out I could set the criteria to include no smoking...you bet your bippy I would! Yes, you're being picky...and you have every right to be! Good luck Bubba! :) [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 438 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,247 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2890.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$52,507.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 919 Hours: 5

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This might raise some eyebrows but... There are a lot of other things that smoking says about a person. It is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit. They have a deeply engrained pattern of immediate gradification. They do not care enough for their own longevity or health to stop a willful act. They mask their feelings and emotions behind their smoking. It is a literal block between themselves and the world. These are things I can only say now after a whole host of self-discovery through the quitting journey. Pick away Lindsey... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 663 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2983.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$37,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 23

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dear and sorrowly missed spouse of 43 years has been in Heaven for 11 months now. So you ask...what has that got to do with this site? I'll tell you what. I joined a site that deals in Match Making. Part of the search parameters is that you can determine ones smoking status. Now that I am so picky about smoking, I find that I will not even consider communicating with anyone who admits they smoke tobacco. Am I being picky? You damned well right I am. I have earned the right to a smog free home and will not consider anyone in it that might contaminate it with second hand smoke. Imagine waking up in the morning and getting a wift of that smokers breath. Is that to much information? Am I being reasonable? Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 355 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$122,652.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8386 Hours: 16

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TXsT, if I understand your question... "Match" is a site devoted to world wide match making. It is not as ridiculous as some think (my daugthers for sure). Part of that profiling of ones self is that you fill out a questionaire and from that someone can determine what your habits are. Imagine that we became interested in someone and they concealed that they smoked until they smiled and you saw those yellow teeth. As you came closer you smelled that bear's breath. As you started to hug her/his neck, you threw up on them. Just a little joke. Lindsey
  • Quit Meter

$122,652.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8386 Hours: 16

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: