Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Fallen, Beaten, Can't get up

18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin you will be missed, I pray it does not take long for you to come back. Take care Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,926 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $399.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judy, my heart hurts for what you are going through - though my tears do you no good. I've been there and I wish it on no one. Please come back soon - we'll be here. peace - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I hope you will find the strength and determination to come back to us soon. You will be missed until then. [color=Red]redrosie[/color]
18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~Keep Coming Back~ Colleen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$59,056.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6645 Hours: 5

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi penquin, The emotions may or may not be obvious to you. It may just seem like it's impossible to not smoke. There is no way of knowing for sure all the causes for your slips. However, certainly consider the possibility that your smoking satisfies a basic need, avoids something unpleasant, or is in some way associated with an emotion. The questions you should ask yourself are: What needs and emotions are connected with this cigarette? How can I take care of those needs (without continuing to smoke)? Could these needs and feelings be reduced or handled some other way? If yes, how? Try not to beat yourself up. Rather, try to get to know yourself. You'll make it one day if you keep trying. Afterall, the sometimes unfortunate reality is: We ALL stop, ONE day. Don't wait too long until you try again. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 242 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,341 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin... Don't give up on yourself. We are not giving up on you. If you slip and slip and slip then so be it! The point is you keep trying until you get it right. The only time you fail is when you give up and go away. You are not a failure Penquin. You can do this. Where is that spirit saying that you don't want to be a slave anymore. One set of five minutes at a time remember???? You knew when you posted this you would get a rebutal from me didnt you? Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. You can do this. One step at a time. Believe in yourself. You did this for 107 days once, you can do it again. Fight for your life Penquin. Get ticked off at the nicodemon and kick him to the curb. You are always welcome here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1022 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, This breaks my heart to hear that you are leaving, but if time is what you need to get yourself ready again, then by all means, take it... but come back soon!!! You will be missed, but you need to do what is right for you. I would love to see you start a new quit right now and rise from your ashes and start over fresh... but if you can't do that right now, I understand. But please... before you go, set a quit date right now so you have something to shoot for. I remember before I quit saying "I'll quit eventually" but never setting a date, so "eventually" dragged on and on and on. Don't let that happen to you, k? Come back soon! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 173 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $714.49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin, honestly you could keep coming back day after day if you wanted to. We would not mind a bit. I've noticed from time to time that people sometimes get into "quitting frenzies" where they try, slip, panic, try again, slip again, panic more, and so on. Sort of like someone saying something they shouldn't, freaking out, and then make it worse with every word they say trying to fix it. Sometimes it's just better to stop trying for a while, if you know what I mean. :) If you feel you need to take a break at quitting, then do so. Rest, recuperate, get your head together. We're not going anywhere. This is a horrid addiction, Penguin. Don't beat yourself up for having challenges breaking it. Just try to learn each time to strengthen the next. That's where success lies. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1257.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fallen, Beaten, Can't get up! That about says it all folks. I can't honestly keep coming back here day after day only to say, I slipped again. It just isn't right and not fair to those who are committed and giving there all when obviously I am not. So I am going to take a break, hopefully a very short, one to regroup and try and find the strength, courage and intelligence to make my next attempt my last. I made a crucial mistake and that was to smoke. While others have come back from slips and falls, I have not been able to and I have made the decision to go back to the misery of smoking, if only to realize my desire to be free. All the best to you great quitters. I will be back. Thanks to all who have supported my effort and I wish you good health and FREEDOM from this miserable addiction. Judy
  • Quit Meter

$330,488.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 10

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 191 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, sorry to hear of your slip. Take a little time, re-group, re- focus, and re-quit. When the time is right, just do it. You can do it. Smoking is not an option anymore. Cowboy up.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,027 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2400 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$383,298.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9896 Hours: 17

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: