Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Life or Death - you decide....

17 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Friends, I will never forget this man called Bubba, for He was such a great Philospher of kicking Your addiction of cigerettes, You might say that He was my Teacher on how to quit, when Bubba wrote a Topic or a Reply, I always made sure I read them, Because when Bubba wrote something or said something, You took notice, for it was like the gospel, It was like He had a Dictionary on how to quit smoking, and maybe He did, I would just like to Thank Him again, for helping me see the light and giving me this new lifestyle of living that I have today, Thank You again Bubba, May You rest in Peace, Smokless In Oklahoma, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1492 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6385.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 339 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$26,896.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 12

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mrs Bubba I hope you see this Our thoughts are with you Phil and Jenny (UK) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1286.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my god... I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face and I didn't even know Bubba. Life is so fragile.. I can barely see, my eyes are all blurry... This man showed us great inspiration and courage and has strengthened this non smoker's resolve 100%. Bubba rest in peace - with your wife by your side. J. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for bumping this post up. I just don't have the strength to search for them. I am so sad and also happy that he is with his wife. I don't know which but, hey, people, please, I beg you, follow your quit seriously. We have 2 perfect examples on this site, Bubba and Joe Cool. So no need to read between the lines. Smoking will kill you. Here's your proof. Does that help you???? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1480 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29,615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 193 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$45,429.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 4

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump please. Easter 2006, Bubba told his story. He died on Easter 2007. His story will live on. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAHAHAHA! YES! Thats must be where it all started. WHY on earth would you make a candy cig...of course kids were the target of that. We paid the price too. Not blaming my addiction on candy, but you get what I mean. Thanks for posting your experience, I know you will have helped many people by posting that!
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing that Bubba. You know the funny thing I recognize is that everyone who survives one of these God aweful things is supposed to 'not have' by the so called 'doctors'. What I believe people fail to realize and recognize is the AMAZING SPIRIT that lives in people, and amongst that would also be FAITH. I have a close friend who also almost died this year of a heart attack but he didn't thank God, and I feel the same way about him too. That there is a big reason you are telling your stories. It is not that the story is what is important, but the message of what comes through for others is invaluable. And the story is not the point that we stick around, we are meant to live fully enriched lives. We all , ALL, deserve it. Well maybe one day I'll tell my story. Maybe someday soon. Who knows, after I've been inspired like that it could be nano seconds!! Bless your heart Bubba!!! Eve:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Bubba! I was sure glued to my computer screen reading your story! I am glad you are still here with us! I do have to say that those who survive something not meant for survival are something extrodinary! You made it for a reason. Who knows what that reason is. Maybe to inspire people. Maybe to help people. Whatever the reason, I am glad you shared that with us. Did you completely heal from everything? Or do you still suffer with some of it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bubba - what a inspiration you are to me. I CHOOSE LIFE! Thanks for your life story. Happy Easter to you Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,587.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 19

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lindsey: I'd call that divine intervention...that along with the good sense you had to quit smoking when you did most likely saved your life. That had to have been a scary situation to have gone through. My experience was only intensified by the nursing knowledge that I have. You know what they say about how a little knowledge is dangerous. So glad you've had little residual effects from that experience. Keep that great quit going!! -Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 334 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $701.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: