Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I can't leave you for five minutes!!!!!!!!

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mother used to say that to me.................when I was about 5 years old. I'd stuck my fingers into some metaphorical pie and made a mess (and a few literal ones as well). I've been busy and getting on with my smoke free life but wanted to pop back in to say hi and to check out a few people's progress before hitting the beach in a few days. You lot who are already there don't know what a party is!!!!! You wait till you catch a glimpse of the Mad Englishman in his fur lined posing pouch (ouch!). A couple of people have slipped, there are many new faces and some people have more than slipped. I can't leave you for five minutes!!!!! We all need to remember that we are dealing with an addiction. We are smokers who choose not to smoke. Having chemically altered our bodies and brains, we need to remind ourselves of the dangers of letting our guard down from time to time. The simple truth is that we cannot ever have another puff without the nicotine rushing back into the system and putting us back to that dreadful time of physical and emotional withdrawal. My mum is not around anymore to keep an eye on me. I have to take responsibility for my own actions and the consequences for my wife and my lovely children if I die prematurely from some smoking related disease. It's a good job that the task of stopping smoking is so simple.....just don't smoke.......... And remember that there is a wonderful group of people here who will keep an eye on you, crying "I can't leave you for five minutes!!!!" at appropriate moments. But they can't stop for you........... Mad Englishman PS For those of you who have castigated me in the past for criticising my wife's cooking......firstly you don't have to eat it :8o: and secondly.......I DO do all the cooking in our house.....as we speak a chicken is simmering on the stove just itching to become a winter chicken and vegetable broth for dinner tomorrow.....I might even make home-made bread rolls to go with it! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �485 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's good to see you Brent. Your humor has been missed and my feathers haven't been ruffled in a while :p Glad to see you are doing well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Brent! And thank you for gracing us with your presence [i]and[/i] your very wise words. I can find it in my heart to believe that your mother would be reserved to leave you alone for 5 minutes. ;p But your words ring very true and are also quite timely. I can't wait till you finally join us on the beach! That will certainly be a party! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brent and welcome baack. Your stats aare looking wonderful!!! Have a great time on the beach, you have earned it. Dont forget a nice reward for your milestone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought you had thrown in the towel???? If you are wearing fur, then I'm wearing my thong!!! Get ready to party. Are you bringing the beer??? It's a choice! Judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$330,532.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6029 Hours: 6

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: