Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

New start on Sunday...

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Luci-Lou, sorry you had a lapse of good judgement. I just stopped using the patch on Sat. night, which would be almost 6 days ago, and things have been fine so far. I hope it stays this way for me, but I am curious as to why you had a smoke 2 days off your patch. Was it cravings? What mg were you on at the end? Why did you allow yourself to have those first couple of drags? Was it the new job pressure? Was it because you wanted to become friends with the "cool" smoking girl? Sorry for all the questions, but it seems like you need to answer these and others for yourself before you can keep going towards a strong quit. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $506.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Luci-Lou, I hope you had a great weekend and are all ready to start again. You know what you have to do now. No More Ciggies for you! [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/funny%20ones/thnonono.gif[/IMG] Remember you have lots of people who care about you and your quit. We Are All In This Together. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $531.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sob.. :( Luci, You broke my heart, I had a feeling things were not going so well for you. I kept telling myself it was you're new job that was keeping you from here and not that you had gone back to smoking. But I just had this feeling about it. I know the tempation at work, it is horrible the grasp this addiction has on us. Like I've said before I work in a "smoking factory" and it is hard to try to stop with people smoking around you 8 hrs a day, the smell and sight of it. Some days it is repulsive and others it is just overwhelming that you want it.(I really wouldn't know why we would, but we do) It really is just the desire to not want to smoke all the time. We have been told on here several times from the "pros" N.O.P.E., It just takes one puff and it's over. As crazy has it sounds to me after all this time, 71 days now, I still would "love" to sit down and smoke a cig. But I won't because I don't want to do this all over again. You are brave, You are ready to do this again already. Just don't give in, don't let that nasty nicodemon win this time. It is hard for all of us, we all have our triggers and problems in our quits we just have to want it bad enough!! You have to beat this nasty addiction once and for all. I know from the past posts you want to and we will all be here to help you when or if you ask for it. We can still be "quit pals" just with different dates now. You keep us updated. Good Luck and keep a positive attitude I'm on your side rooting for you!!! Thanks for telling us your story. (Sorry this one is another long one, you know how I ramble, I either don't say anything or I say everyting) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it Luci-Lou. Post often. I will look for your posts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,904 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$22,714.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 12

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is the attitude that will keep you on the patch. You have to totally believe that you can quit and stay quit. If you convince yourself otherwise, you are setting yourself up for failure! Tell yourself "I will quit and stay quit, no matter what". N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $177 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci-Lou you will Not be on the patch forever. Just make sure you follow the instructions and the program. Congratulations on your decision to get back on the quitting wagon. You know you are in the right place and that we are here for you. You can do it. Remember....one step at a time. When you need us...we'll be here. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,912 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $857.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci, This addiction is SO cunning, isn't it? At first, we just have a puff or two here and there and we think "oh, that wasn't so bad... I can smoke every once in a while" and then we're having whole cigarettes and before we know it, we're right back into our addictions. Now you know that it MUST be N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever. Write that on your hand, or do what I did... I wear a N.O.P.E. bracelet on my "smoking" hand to remind me what "one" will do to my quit. Just jump back up on this wagon and let's try again. Thanks for coming here and being honest. We're definitely here to help you whenever you need it. Stay close. Best wishes on your new quit. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci-Lou, I quit with the help of the patch. Work the program. Follow it to the letter. DO NOT SMOKE. Develop new habits. Use the time you are on the patch to really learn how good life is without being addicted to a worthless dried up plant leaf that gives off toxic fumes when burnt. Stop going on breaks with the smoker. That makes no sense at all. In time, when you are fully secure in your quit, you may want to try hanging around the nicotine addicts while they get their fix, but for the first several, several months, why put your quit in danger? Be positive. Stay focused. Smoking is not about enjoying a cigarette, it's about feeding an addiction. Never forget that. Here is the truth... [img]http://www.loumill.com/misc/behonest2.gif[/img] Forget the junkie thinking. Really [b][color=red]THINK[/color][/b] the next time a crave hits you. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $715.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$36,342.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9770 Hours: 19

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Story So, I quit smoking on December 23, 2005 with the help of the nicotine patch. I "went off the patch" on February 14, 2006. I had "just a couple drags" off a cigarette on February 16, 2006. I started a new job on February 20, 2006, and one of the girls I was training with smokes, so I started going out for breaks with her. And smoking cigarettes on those breaks. I put a patch on again on February 23, and didn�t on February 24. I�ve been smoking (during work hours) ever since. I broke down and bought a pack on February 27. So, now that you�re all up to date with "my story", I can tell you that I plan on going back on the patch on Sunday...I�m afraid that in order to STAY quit, I�ll never be able to stop using it...I�ll be on the patch forever... Ex-Breaker, Lucy
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci, Follow the program and you will fair well! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: