Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

The Cigarette/Your Friend

18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lady. I am printing it and keeping it close at hand. Smokefree2 (Almost 1000 cancer sticks not taken) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 974 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$22,715.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If that didn't come straight from the heart then I am a fruitbat. Beautiful words from a beautiful Lady. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I�ve seen quite a few posts today about people going through that �something is missing� feeling we go through when we first quit. Cigarettes have been there in good times and bad. They�ve been there for family reunions and for those lonely nights when no one cared. They have filled the void and quitting for me was like losing my best friend. I grieved for my friend for a long time. Once I got over the grieving I realized that this so called best friend: robbed me of living my life; sat on my chest and made it hard to breathe, made me stink, controlled everywhere I went and everything I did, made me sick constantly, made me miss important events in the lives of my children and made me a bad example to them. Smoking is an addiction not a pleasure. It doesn�t relax you or relieve anxiety, it causes it. The cigarette is not your friend. Smoking is becoming more and more socially unacceptable every day, it is expensive and the worse thing about it is that it will kill you. It doesn�t matter who you are, how much money you have, how old you are or anything else. Smoking kills. So what is it that you really miss about this so called �friend�? Fill that void with all the joys that life has to offer. Go for a walk, listen to the birds, look at that fresh fallen snow, smell the pine trees, and smell the roses. God has given us a beautiful world to enjoy. Put quitting into perspective. Let go of the addiction and enjoy the peace and freedom that being smoke free brings. I hope this helps. Lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,032 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $703.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beautiful words Lady. I'm glad you've reached this mind set, this leg of your journey. I'll be there someday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,079 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1627.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady, Thank you for posting this. It is sometimes better to hear it from a member than the moderators. Your honesty is welcomed, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: