Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Ah the 'tude

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you lady, just what I needed! Love, Mama Melba [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$74,954.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 11

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Powerful message Lady. I needed that reminder not just for my quit but other things happenning in my life. I CAN DO IT! Bless your heart! Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 752 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah yes..... The 'tude! Bump...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 374 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1309 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post, Lady. I missed it the first time around. Glad you bumped it. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1573.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent bump! Your have got the right "tude" Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post Lady Sounds like you got the 'tude Pass some of that over to me Tony :) Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady Beautiful and so true post. Rusty, I agree with you totally about forgetting where we all came from. From time to time I'll see ex-smokers who seem to have become almost "godlike" in their attitudes toward those who do still smoke. I hope I never forget from where I came and the hard road traveled to get here. I hold nothing but sadness for those who still smoke and hope that they may someday decide to take back their lives. The choice is theirs. Attitude is everything in this life. We are what we think we are. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey lady i need some "tude"!!!!! its not only in thoughs first few days!! holding on , jan xxx :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �371.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strength, determination and attitude. I heard those three words a lot in the beginning of my quit. Quitting begins with an attitude of wanting to be smoke free. The progression of this attitude leads to the determination of continuing the process. The combination resulting from attitude and determination gives us the strength to continue to be quitters. It all begins with attitude. If you are early in your quit, you may be experiencing that feeling of emptiness and sorrow that you are missing something in your life. You may envy the smoker and be torn between longing to be a smoker and a successful quitter. The attitude you carry with you can make or break your quit. So many times I have had to evaluate my own attitude. We can spend time longing for the good old days or moving forward to a better tomorrow. Let�s face it, if the good old days were so good, would we be here right now? M. Scott Peck, author of The Road Less Traveled, said [b] The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.[/b] A positive attitude leads to success and a negative attitude leads to failure. It really is that simple. So if you need to, put your attitude in check and get the determination you need to build strength for your successful quit. Quitting is a journey from perception to knowledge, peace of mind, and joy. Experience the freedom. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic post Lady! A positive attitude is one of those things I think everyone KNOWS, and yet we need to be reminded of that quite often just to make sure we stay in check. I also like the points that Rusty made about remembering where we were and where we want to be. Great posts by all. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: