Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago..had the usual withdrawls...they WERE gone all week, THEY ARE BACK!!!!!

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
whats up with this...I went through hardly no withdrawl phase..lasted maybe 4 days...and i've been fine until last night and this morning.....What gives? obviously the nic has left my system..so whats bringing this back?
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take A big deep breath I had the same thing happen to me at about the same time in my quit. I even posted about it and was furious that the cravings had come back. Trust me it won't be like this forever. Just hang in there and do what it takes to keep your quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $623 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just beccause the nicotine is out of your system does not mean that the cravings stop immediately. If all cravings were gone in 3 days when the nicotine leaves, then there would be far fewer smokers and there would be no need for a smoking cessation website. The mental battle goes on for a while and is much tougher than the physical one. Quitting is 90% mental. We smoked for many many many years, so we're not going to completely get over all of the cravings in 3 days. Houston, you will have good days and bad days, just like life. Some days you will have harder cravings than others. But, the good news is that over time, it DOES get easier. How far are you in your quit? Can you check the "show my quit meter" box so we can see how many days you have? Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $257.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
houston, Yes, we have a problem! (no pun intended) Quitting is tough. Your body is still coming to grips with your quit. You smoked probably for a lot of years.. don't expect the nicodemon to just go away after a few weeks. He is sneaky. He will let you get confident with your quit and then wack you upside the head to get your attention. This is why you have to stay focused and really hold tight to your determination and commitment. It does get better with time.. but that time is usually measured in months, not weeks. As time passes, you will have more and more days where you don't think of it at all and when you do get a crave, you can dismiss it quite easily. Hang in there. You are doing fine. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $597.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$36,365.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9777 Hours: 2

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: