Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Job Reduction Didn't Smoke

18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Numeagain!! that's a really tough one to make it through, but you did it.. That's awesome.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on remembering what is important during a difficult time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NuMe, Fantastic work maiking it through the weekend smoke free after gaining that knowledge. And with the SSC down it had to be doubly bad. WE are all glad you came through Smoke Free and are here for you 100%. Kickin ASh IN 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$25,275.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 6

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Talk about a stressor. You've done great not to have a cig during all of this. I'm so sorry to hear of your job loss. Hope things will work out for the better. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens. Keep the faith. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last friday I was informed that my position was being eliminated, so that means they no longer need me and I will be out of work. I have worked here for the past 26 years and they say I'm excellent worker but so sorry you're gone. The reason I wrote this post is to tell you that even though last weekend was very stressful and hard to get through that I didn't smoke. That doesn't mean I didn't think about it, because I did and I even went over to my sister's house to cry on her should and I knew she would have given me a cigarette if I had asked, but I didn't. Everybody stay strong in your fight and we will all beat this together. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers, I'm doing pretty good most of the time and I've decided I have to look at this as a positive move. One of the down sides is that I don't have a computer at home so being close to all of you and this site is going to be rough. Everybody take care and stay strong in your quit. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((NuMe)))) They keep doing the same thing where I work. It seems to be the new trend in the modern business world. Congratulations on keeping your quit. Think of all the new opportunities you now have before you. Remember, that glass is always 1/2 full. You now have the opportunity to go work somewhere that people have NEVER known you as a smoker. How cool is that! :8|: We are here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great testimony NU. Congratulations on overcoming a HUGE obstacle. That is absolute determination right there! Best wishes on finding another job. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/pinkglitterybutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $244.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 167 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear about your job loss, NUmeagain. But, on the other hand, congratulations for being strong enough not to smoke! Jags [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 356 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1092.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$45,457.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8158 Hours: 22

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitting smoking is extremely hard when dealing with stressful situations. We understand that this is a hard time for you. We are here to help you get through each and every day. We wish you luck in finding a new position within your working field! A wise man told me once that "when a door closes, there is always another one that opens!" Stay strong :) Melanie

Reading this thread: