Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Diva's Independance Day!

14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya! Well I haven`t had time to write or sing or play guitar or piano or draw today. I have been babysitting my nieces and that will last till tomorrow suppertime. My brother was really happy that I am babysitting so he can go on his Valentine`s weekend. I hope he is having fun. I am glad I got to help him out.

I am considering maybe going back to school eventually but instead of going to university in my field, I might go back to college instead and in arts. I know it is crazy. I would be studying with people half my age at least! But learning drawing and art history and sculpture etc sounds like fun. I will see.

In the meantime I have interesting ideas for my book!

Anyway, that is it for me.
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That all sounds so great Diva.  So glad you are following your heart and your creativity.  I look forward to hearing you sing, I love acoustic guitar, and I like to read......aniticipation.....you are making me wait.  oh, btw, I love piano, too. 

So VERY happy you are doing these things. 
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing Diva!

I would love to see you on your youtube video playing a song for us!  What a goal that would be .  Something to keep you motivated as well!

I also love that you started a book.  Six pages is great!   Some people say starting is the hardest part!  You are well on your way!

How does it feel taking on these new hobbies?  What values of yours are you honoring by doing these activities?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hiya guys,

Well, the update here is that I have bought a guitar. I started playing with it a bit. I am pretty lame but enjoying myself. My finger tips hurt from the guitar strings but I figure eventually I will get callusses and it won't hurt as much. I love my new guitar. It is really pretty. I figure, with practice I might get decent at the guitar!

I have been practicing a song for my next singing class. Although I must admit I have been pretty delinquent about my voice exercises and breathing exercises for my singing. But I figure at least I am trying to move forward.

I have been singing more and sitting at the piano more. I intend to start my piano method soon. Up to now I can only do chords but I am hoping to change that.

Most exciting of all. I started writting a book. Ok so I only have 6 pages up to now, but I am excited. I feel like I am on my way!

So yeah, that is the news from here!

Have a great day all!
Wow Diva, you got me all excited thinking about all the positives that are occuring in your life.  I'm so glad to hear with a little time your friend came around....friends, I mean friends, usually do!  I'm glad you've got your family support and your other friend.  I am also glad you got all foofy dooed (hair fixed). 
I am excited also to hear of your new guitar and voice lessons - singing lessons.  This is something much deserved and you will enjoy I am sure!  I am so glad you are pursuing this. 
Congratulations on all your accomplishments!!!  Way to go DIVA!
Ok, Well I have fun news to add here!

I started singing classes again! And it is going to be fun! Woohoo! I loive my singing teacher she is the best. We are going to do vocal explorations of different sounds and styles. I am very excited!

I am going to get a guitar as a gift! Just a cheap beginner guitar but still, my own guitar! I am so excited. I found the perfect one! It is a beginner guitar made by Ibanez ( A good guitar maker). I am really psyched!

Also, (starts singing Oh Happy Days!...), my friend called me back and we are going out for coffee this week! I am really happy about that. So it seems like Goofy was right and all she needed was some time to think and deal lol. That means I now have two friends who know just about everything about me and who still like me anyway... That makes me feel good :) On top of my dad, mom, brother and husband, I have two more people who like me for who I am and support me no matter what! I feel blessed.

Oh and I went to the hairdresser and got my hair done. And I love it! It cost me a fortune but it is exactly what I wanted!  It is light and flirty and bright and loud and still long and exactly me!

Today is a tired but a good day!
Thanks Ashley and Goofy! Thank you for the support!
Diva, remember in that race the turtle beat the rabbit (The Tortoise and the Hare).  lol I don't think I spelled either word correctly. 
I'm so glad you've figured out a way to turn things around.  Remember, do it at your pace not what others expect of you.  That's part of being who YOU really are.
You can do it!
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great Diva! 

What brought you to these conclusions?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi guys,

Well I still have no idea if my friendship will be ok. But I am trying to take it with a grain of salt if at all possible. I realized this wekend that I lose a lot of energy worrying about how out of control my life is. My finanaces and paperwork are a really bad mess. And financially it is about to get worse. My house is pretty bad. My weight is skyrocketing...I mean I am a mess. And I can't even follow simple little lists andf get through them!

But I guess the reason I am posting in this thrwad instead of my venting thread is that I have realized that I CAN regain control of my life. I want to. I am tired of being tired! Now I know I am tired but I figure if I use little bursts of work cut with little breaks or naps I might get around to doing stuff and making head way... I just don't want to be spinning out of control anymore. I am the knight in shining armor of my own story and if I want my life to accomodate my creative endeavours, then I need to set things up so it does!  Yeah, so this is me deciding I will turtle my way slowly but surely towards more order in my life...

Reading this thread: