Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Diva's Independance Day!

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To read thw whole text in one post and in the right order you can check my blog, I will put it there.

Good times and bad times, I am Catherine; with my contradictions and my flaws. I need to be love despite that, despite myself.

Catherine knows How to take others in her arms and how to soothe and console them and yet she doesn’t know how to console herself. She doesn’t know how to take care of herself. In caveman times, she would have died of hunger, of cold, or would have been eaten by a fierce predator. She needs others. She needs to be understood, fed, cajoled, and loved. She needs others to take care of her. Catherine needs. She is needy. She is dependant, selfish and yet very loving. Cat needs others so much that she pushes them away hoping they will know how to love her despite that, despite herself. Very few can.

Catherine is intelligent and yet often does really stupid things. She knows it. She really would like to change that but doesn’t really know how. Because Cat is mostly intuitive, reactive, explosive, volatile, chaotic and emotional. Sometimes her emotions are so powerful and overwhelming that they completely short-circuit her ability to think. Catherine then becomes a being of caprice and emotion; she becomes pure emotion in its most potent and destructive state. And this happens often enough because Catherine is raw and always skin-deep.

Catherine knows how to love without limitations, without boundaries. She knows how to love others not despite their flaws but often with and through them. She knows how to love with a heart burning with passion and filled with tenderness and softness. She also knows how to hate when others have left too many scars on her soul. Mostly she knows how to hate herself for her flaws for which she does not forgive herself.

Finally, Catherine would like to be what others want her to be. She would like to be an adult who functions well, who is well adjusted to her culture, to her environment. She would like to be useful and productive. She has tried so long and so vainly to change. Cat would so love to give others all they need from her. She tried so long and so vainly to do that. Catherine would like to be other. But Catherine is Catherine; and it is all she knows how to be.

Good times and bad times, I

Advocacy for Catherine by Catherine

My name is Catherine. Some call me Cat. I like that, although I do like Catherine as well. I am a girl. I am a woman. Both are true. I am neither beautiful nor ugly. I am a bit chubby (a lot chubby if I am to be honest). I have flaws and qualities like everyone else. I am a being of contradictions. I am soft and charming and understanding. I am easily angered, explosive and sometimes mean. I am loving and yet sometimes distant. I love and need others and yet I need space. I am generous yet selfish. I am very conscious of others, their needs, their feelings, and yet I am egocentric. I am a being in constant battle with itself. I am exhausted. I am full of faults and fissures and cracks and yet I am incredibly solid and strong in my fragility. For a long time, I was ashamed to be so “cracked” so crazy. For a long time I tried to change myself or to hide myself. But shame and all that, it is over with. Here I am spiritually and emotionally naked, transparent. I am done being ashamed. I suffer from mental illness. I have anxiety, depression, and a mixed personality disorder. I have a mix of borderline personality disorder and dependant personality disorder. But all those things, those diagnosis, those labels, what do they mean? Nothing and everything, all at once.

But who am I? What am I?

Cat, this woman-child, walks through life with no epidermis. This layer of skin, more resistant then the others, which protects us from bad weather, from the world; Catherine does not have it, metaphorically speaking. Catherine walks though life with no skin, no clothes, no bubble, no armour nor shield. She goes to battle and tries to withstand the assault with strength and grace. So many things hurt her being. Sounds are too loud; lights are too bright, colors too vibrant, odours too strong. And this surplus of stimuli is like salt on the raw skin covering her soul. And yet Catherine wants to touch, and taste and see and hear. Mostly, she wants reach others. Her only tactics against assaults are fleeing, sacrificing herself or bowing her head down and waiting for the onslaught to end.

I started a blog. I am starting to realize it is all part of my independence day. It all started with that day. I am more myself, I am more honest about who I am. I am not ashamed anymore. It feels great.

My blog is open to anyone at all. For me that was a big step. It is about my life and mental illness. I thought nobody would read it except a few friends, but I get some traffic lol more then I thought I would. I just put it all out there, the good, the bad the ugly.  The thing is, I get mostly positive responses to it. It is a very liberating process for me. It helps me leave shame and taboos and fear of being judged behind.

The blog idea came to me when I wrote this text (will paste it at the end of the post). And people reacted so kindly to it. Also, people told me thanks you for posting it (I put it on my FB). They said it made them feel understood or less alone. And I figured, if it helped others feel less alone, why not make a blog of my life and my struggles. I thoought I may be able to help a few people. I ended up helping myself. Hugs all!

This is the text I had written: 

Advocacy for Catherine by Catherine

My name is Catherine. Some call me Cat. I like that, although I do like Catherine as well. I am a girl. I am a woman. Both are true. I am neither beautiful nor ugly. I am a bit chubby (a lot chubby if I am to be honest). I have flaws and qualities like everyone else. I am a being of contradictions. I am soft and charming and understanding. I am easily angered, explosive and sometimes mean. I am loving and yet sometimes distant. I love and need others and yet I need space. I am generous yet selfish. I am very conscious of others, their needs, their feelings, and yet I am egocentric. I am a being in constant battle with itself. I am exhausted. I am full of faults and fissures and cracks and yet I am incredibly solid and strong in my fragility. For a long time, I was ashamed to be so “cracked” so crazy. For a long time I tried to change myself or to hide myself. But shame and all that, it is over with. Here I am spiritually and emotionally naked, transparent. I am done being ashamed. I suffer from mental illness. I have anxi

I am still trying to get my life back together but it seems I won't be going back to school this fall. Am not well enough. But things are looking like they will improve. I have more help now and everyday I am feeling a bit more like myself and like I am discovering who the real me is. Also, the blog I have started seem to really help me in ways I had not expected. Hugs all!
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I spoke to the lady at the college. It looks more and more like i am redirecting my life and heading into the arts. I haven't written in my book today but I will get to it tomorrow!
I think I may be going back to school in an arts program in september! I am actually scared but really excited at the idea! I still have time to figure it out. But I think it could be good for me. It would give me a good basis for my artistic work!
Well I did have fun with my nieces although I was so tired. The best thing though is that they seem to think it was fun spending time witth me even though I felt tired and boring. And my brother had tons of fun on his weekend so it was all worth it!

As for going to school in arts, I really am thinking about it. I mean it is nuts. I would be studying with kids half my age who probably have double my talent lol. But I think I might like it. I think I would like to do it part time as in very part-time. And eventually I could work part-time too to help out our finances. But that is a long term plan though lol. Not for now. But it is nice to have something to think about for the long run...I wanted to call my local college and get information just to help me think.

This week I have my singing class. I am psyched about that. I will be learning Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen! Great song!
I also have my therapist appointment. Which is good cause I want to discuss my hypersomnia with him!

Plus, I feel oddly hopeful about getting my house in order. There is tons of crap I just want to give away. I was always a hoarder and now I just want to get rid of stuff and organize my life. And I figure one baby-step at a time I will get through it! Weird feeling hopeful about something that usually overwhelems me. lol

Anyway, that is me for now. Thanks!
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awww, bet you are having fun with your nieces.  Think about it - school, etc.  No rush.  Want to know what your ideas are for the book....but will wait and read it....the suspense is killing me.

Reading this thread:

© Copyright 2024 Evolution Health. All Rights Reserved.