Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

other discussion groups...

15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey wildcat, thanks for responding to my last furtive attempt to come back here. i agree this forum is important, i sure felt better when i talked with you all. i've been looking too and not finding! something else we have in common. hang in there wildcat, you've been very good to me, you're chock full of information and your posts always, always give me something to think about.
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you know Diva, I am blessed to have you all!

Despite having our own ups and downs and the difficulties of life muddling things up ... every one here Really is working hard to get better.  Not wallow in and Accept their illnesses  as a death sentence.  We all have our moments of exhaustion and pain but thanks to the group, we all -ALL- feel supported !
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wildcat,

Well, I haven't explored Bipo discussion groups. But looking at anxiety and depression forums, I found I had a similar experience of negative people etc. There is something magical about the Depression Center and the Panic Center. These forums are just so awesome. Now I have stopped looking for anything else. 

But I can see as since you have Bipo, you must feel like you want to get to chat with other people with Bipo. I am sorry to hear you have been having trouble finding a good forum for that. 

I am happy though you are on this forum. I find your perspective always informative and insightful. I also find that when I get in my hyper or hypomanic phases, I deal with it better with your help. I used to all of a sudden realize that I was all hyper and that I hadn't come down or slept for days and I would get anxious and panic. Then I would be hyper and panicking, not a good mix...Now, I just rid it out and had fun. Ok sure the crash was bad, but in the meantime I had fun. I felt alive! I guess, I just need to learn how to deal with the crash!

Oh sorry I digress...All that to say, you help me so much, I am glad you are here! Your presence in my life through this forum has bettered me and helped me. 

I just wish I could give that back to you. I hope you find what you are looking for WildCat. In the meantime we are soooooo lucky to have you!

As for the class. I think it is great you are taking it. As for the people, and the comments, yeah most classes are like that. But I am sure it will get interesting :) I agree with Faryal on that one!

Hang in there and let us know how it goes!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wildcat,

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant internet experience. As the saying goes...........misery loves company!

It's great that you are attending a class to better understand this disorder and avenues available to minimize episodes. I am sure that your personal experience will enhance discussions in the class.

Hang in there...........you may be surprised at how interesting and enlightening the course may turn out for you!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi gang.
  I was internet shopping recently looking for a group of bipolars to discuss things with.  And you know what,  they are a miserable bunch.  I have found 3 places and oooo nasty.  I though my dark moods were bad when the Ladies had to scold me ...  Are there Bipo groups that are optimistic  places to write... a bit like here??? 

I started my class tonight. THe how to prevent reoccurences of bipolar episodes.  It is really basic stuff what is Bipo I, II, etc.  I do not really mind.  It is just the people we come across, the so depressed I am desperate and make off hand remarks like I wish I had a cancerous tumor so I would be treated immidiately!  (I have been waiting 2 months for an ultrasound lady!) And the newly diagnosed, who want to know; is that me? is this me? or that? Or the know it all who adds comments to all the instructors say.  "ah please be quiet and let them get on with the course"

ALL classes are like that I know.   I do not know what I I was really expecting. 

Reading this thread: