Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

can't motivate myself

16 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me, staying motivated isn't easy but it's made easier by a little tip I learned from flylady.net (a home organization program of all things.) I can do anything for 15 minutes. When it comes to doing work assigned by my doctor or the session work here, I set a timer for 15 minutes. I work at it diligently for 15 minutes. Sometimes I stop after 15 minutes, but more often than not I keep going until it's all done. This works for mental health work as well as the more unpleasant tasks around the house.
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good call freebird! once i actually sit down with the materials i feel calmer, more centered and accomplished. i try to do it once a week but i like how you follow it up with an 'enjoyable activity.' i resent even having to take time to do this so you've given me a new outlook - thanks!
Hey everybody, I had this problem too in the beginning so on Sundays I print out all my stuff for the week and follow it with a nice bath as a reward. (It's one of my pleasurable activities, kill two birds with one stone LOL) Anyway, it took a few times but it's part of my routine now and it's easier to keep up with. Sometimes I finish my homework in the 1 week, sometimes I don't. Sometimes, I take more time. It's all up to me afterall. Freebird
16 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nygirl, Me too! Thanks oldblue for the positive reminder, that a step in the right direction is still a step in the right direction! (Maybe one of my goals should be to do my homework!)
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take it step by step and take some time for yourself to do this everyday. Get good rest and move slowly through the program. Start small and work towards your goals. Small steps, Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
Hi - I feel the same way, just started the second session. I'm usually too busy during the day at work to printout the worksheets, write things down, etc., and by the time i get home i'm wiped out and can't bear to turn on the computer. i do however find myself thinking about the activities and goals assigned here... i find myself feeling bad and then trying to think about why i feel that way - and i think about when and why i feel good too. i think the goal here is for us to start to change our way of thinking little by little. even if we're not poring over the worksheets and writing every little thought down, we're thinking about it - and that's a HUGE step and we're better off than we were the day before.
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I have gone through the first two sessions of this program, but am having trouble staying motivated. I find it hard to do the mood tracker and keep on top of my goals, etc. Does anyone have some tips for how to stay motivated? I am starting to feel like I won't really be able to do this program.... Thanks, Rina

Reading this thread: