Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello.

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Anerol.

How are you?  Anything new?

14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
anerol,

Have you begun reading through the program? There are a few sections that may be particularly helpful, including section 4 and 5, Negative Thoughts and Challenging Thoughts, and section 12, Relaxation Techniques (which may help with your feelings associated with asleep).

Members, do you have any suggestions? Has anyone experienced this?

Hang in there anerol, it will get better

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, sorry for the late reply.
I am also on the Panic Center too, but figured, I'm more depressed recently, so I am on here. Thank you for all of your support. 
Recently I've been having a lot of spontaneous attacks too and it happens when I fall asleep. When I had my relapse, and when I was at my worst, I was terrified to loose consciousness so I was afraid to fall asleep. Now, I still have this trait at times and I get this dread feeling when I fall asleep, like I'm forcing myself not to.
I wanted to go buy something today at the store... but I am not feeling up for it. And my family offered to go buy it for me, but I don't really know the type of thing I really want, I want to think about which is best etc., so I said I don't want them to buy it for me and it is really frustrating. I wish I can just drive out and do things on my own again. I am always stuck inside and feeling guilty. 

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Anerol and welcome!  I hope you find this as good a tool as I, in your recovery.  Also a great support system!

14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, welcome Anerol!

If you have anxiety you might want to check out the Panic Center too! It helped me a lot. Hang in there and again welcome!
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
anerol,

Welcome to our community.  This is a great first step!  We do know where you are coming from, we can help and we can definitely support and assist you.  Use the diary to write in everyday, it is an important tools for progression and to help pinpoint areas to work on.

Use a personal journal to write in everyday as well, with detailed thoughts and emotions.  No one needs to read it but you and you can keep it safely hidden.  Start slow and make some goals for yourself, use the depression test to discuss with your doctor to come up with a plan that is right for you.

Do post often and use the advice and support to help!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started writing my life story, but became too paranoid that someone I know may read it and so decided to write something brief instead. I have GAD and am agoraphobic and I have no one to talk to(recently divorced) and I feel guilty all the time relying on my family now. I am easily irritated at my family and feel guilty for that too.  I don't know what I want to do with my life, and everyday just passes by quickly and dully. I just wanted to talk to someone about it, without having to have to feel guilty about it. Thanks for reading.

Reading this thread: