Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Lying, a frustacting fact in relationships

10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Definitely my future self wants that I do something about my life, that I have something joyful to look for and to work on it. Also my future self wants that I take it easy, one step at a time, and learn with the experience and mistakes instead of getting frustrated.

I feel the same as ~m, that our work is never truly done. Everybody have problems and our challenge is to deal the best way we can with them, so we could be able to appreciate the good moments in life.

Generally I am very tolerant, and have good faith in people, but the true is that sometimes there are toxic people in our lives, as Ashley appointed so well, that make more damage than good. I already took some steps to literally get rid of some, and I must admit that I found some relief in doing so.
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good topic Eleveno.  I'm glad you were able to put words to this troubling problem.  I get very tangled up in how I feel about myself  based on how other ppl see me... treat me.  I often give my power away to others (whether they deserve to be trusted with it or not).
Why do I trust their opinion of me, when they are so negative about everything including me and my "performance". Crazy. 

I will be interested to see your answer to Ashley's questions.  I am afraid to have any hopes for my future.  Just learning to be present in the moment has been a challenge.  I guess our work here is never trully done!  At least we have help for the journey! 
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Confidence is key to trusting yourself and leading an overall  fufilling life. It can be tricky to develope though...if you lack self confidence you are less likely to take risks and/or challenge yourself.  Yet challenging yourself and taking risks occasionally is essential to building self confidence. I read a quote the other day and it said, "May your choices reflect your hopes and not your  fears." I think it makes a very good  point. That being said, leaving a dead-end job can be so daunting and very scary! But you truly only live once!

I have something for you to think about...imagine yourself 10 years from now. What would  you future self tell you to do now? How do you think this future self would want to remember this period of your life?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Ashley,

What a nice reply to my post . I really think I have to work in some important goals step by step, so I can gain more self-confidence and trust more in myself. Maybe the key is to focus more in what I want than in what I don't want.

Because of the depression and a nervous breakdown I am postponing the fact that I am in a dead end job for 10 years now without any future possibilities, I know it is depressing in itself for any normal person. But I need to be realistic and do not get too much enthusiastic getting easily exhausted along the way, ending in new frustrations.

If I want to progress in my field (construction industry) one of the possibilities is to go abroad and being an ex-pat, with all the challenges and uncertainties that are inherent.
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eleveno,

This is a tough one...unfortunately we cannot trust 100% of people  but some people we can trust 99.5% .  It is hard to determine who we can trust sometimes but sometimes recognizing when others are toxic in our lives and cutting them out of our lives is an important part of staying well. Not everyone is a good person like you Eleveno. That being said, some good people do make mistakes. It's important to openly talk about these mistakes and share how they have made you feel. If a person is genuinely remorseful for making a mistake like lying then they will recognize it and admit to their wrong. Some people who lie will avoid directly talking about it or will just create more lies to avoid dealing with the consequences of their actions - those people will likely continue to lie.

It's important  to have enough trust in yourself that no matter what another person throws at you whether it be betrayal, a minor lie or something else, you will have the insight and intelligence to handle it. I believe you  do have that.
 How can you ensure you have enough trust in yourself to prevent other people's actions from impacting how you view the world?

Ashley, Health Educator
It is really interesting to notice that relationships have a big impact in the way I feel. I notice that people lye all the the time and I have been having some difficulties trusting other people. Maybe it is my worries that tell me that I need to trust 100% in other people, when in fact there is no such perfect people.

Reading this thread: