Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

depression & anxietys affects on relationships

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

That is a great attitude to have! I agree with Kat, well done for making the harder choice, to stay and work things out.

Have you set any goals for yourself? How do you plan on reaching them?

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, good for you for taking action instead of running away from those problems, I know personally how much easier it is to just turn a blind eye, or sleep through the problems and pretend that they are not there!

I think one of the biggest things in relationships is to just be honest with each other, and you really have to let the other person know that it's not their fault that you are feeling the way you are (unless it is, in which case that's a relationship you don't want to be with). But just be honest about your feelings, and thoughts.

You can do this :)

*big hugs*

Kat

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found that my anxiety and depression has a great affect on my personal relationships and that my relationships also have a affect on my anxiety and depression.  I almost ended a long term but have decided to come here and try to work on my problems instead of run from them and try to save the relationships I have left.  I know it will take a lot of work on my part but I am tried of running from this and need to face it and deal with it once and for all.  I really want to get better and I am not going to give up on myself or everybody else quite yet.  Finding and understanding ones self and others has been a tough and ongoing process for me.  I really do believe it will be worth it in the end.

Red

Reading this thread: