Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

I don't know how to put this....

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a beautiful place
You are lucky to be surrounded by the hills and mountains
Enjoy the view

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Romania... strange country. We have stil uncontaminated places, big cities (too big for me. Especially Bucharest where i live. It is a European metropol...)
As geography we have all. Plains, hill mountaines, delta and seaside. Almost in equal percents.My favourite place is my home in the hills where i have my dogs too and also i love mountains. I'm not much of a city girl :D 
I can tell you that is a country of contrast. Big cities and rual agriculture. In some regions they are still working with horses. Anf fortunatelly we have still a clean agriculture especially in the hills region.
It is said that our economy is not yet at EU level but we have the greatest economic groth - 8.4%. So...

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sheba,

I am glad you are amused and not annoyed!

Btw, is there anyway you can tell me a bit about Romania? I would love to hear about your country. Come to think of it I would love to hear about both your countries, Romania and Italy! No pressure though, just being curious lol
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are correct Sheba.  It is odd that she didn't know or remember.  It's a character flaw and reflection on her, most people would know such a detail about someone after a relatively short period of time.  You know her so you'd be able to tell if such a thing was in keeping with her personality. 

I'm glad you say you are amused by this, I had thought that you were possibly upset.

It is not incident just ignorance. No comment. I'm just a little amused that's all. It is just strange to work with a person and after two years she just didn't know from withc country I am... ehm...
Ps I'm from Romania and studying for my PhD in Italy

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sheba,

I'm sorry to read about your incident.  It would have been nice if she had gotten your country correct.  It may have been a slip of her memory or she may have been mistaken for 2 years!  It is a mistake at any rate.  I know it seems like a slight toward you, but likely it wasn't. 

Not everyone is as attentive to detail as we might like, it doesn't mean the whole relationship is invalid.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow sheba,

I agree after 2 years, you would think she would know where you are from! I guess everyone are so caught up in their lives they forget to notice others. I must admit I have been guilty of that! Hope you are not to annoyed with this! Please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheba,

Thanks for sharing the funny story!  Wait, what country are you from?  

Karen, Health Educator
I returned in Rome for my Phd. Yersterday I brought to the university some Romanian cheese and ham. The prof just asked me to bring something before returnig here. (Italians like to cook and food in general). Ok all went nice.
Today she asked me to prepare a document with all my PhD activities in the last year in Italiy and... Bulgaria!?!
I'm working with her for the last 2 years... The only foreigner in the research group. And now she doesn't know even from witch country I am?!

Reading this thread: