Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Change time!

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I was on Desipramine a (TCA). It inhibits the reuptake of noreoinephrine, serotonin and to a lesser extent dopamine. I guess I was on a pretty high level--don't remember now--but it can mess with your blood pressure. I nearly passed out a few times. I had to give it a try but didn't stay on it to long. Good Luck.

14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't say I have ever tried the tricyclics myself, but I hope it works for you, I really truly and honestly do. It does suck to be the guinea pig, but if it helps you feel better in the end it is worth it...

What have you read about the tricyclis I'm curious to see what they are all about...?

14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anyone have any experience with tricyclics? I know they are older. I read all about them and why they arent used as much. Newer meds, less side effects and I believe PROFIT. They make more on the new meds so old ones whether they worked or not werent as prescribed. 
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, it makes me happy to read that you are excited.  This is a good thing.  Let us know who the tricyclic works, of course there will be the adjustment period (probably the crazies too, crying, anger, frustration, numbness then poof clarity) but remember we are here for you to support you or hear about your day (good or awful).
Take Care Lance.
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great Lance.  I hope they work for you.  I know sometimes we feel like a guniea pig when they have to try different medications; unfortunately there is no exact science for psychiatrists to know what type of meds to prescribe.  The good news is that there is studying and more and more technology all the time which will make it easier for them to pick the right medications sooner.  In the meantime, hang in there.  I hope it helps.  I look forward to hearing your progress and about all the new things you do.  Keep us posted.

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Nice to hear you are excited about this!  You will have to keep us updated on how it goes! 

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Well over the past 8 years, since my first panic attack and ensuing depressive problems the Doctors have tried SSRI's, SNRI's, Benzos, Mood Stabilizers and even Seroquel at one point, thats why I have been on the Mirtazipine. Now that I'm still having issues and I sleep for 15 hours a day and I weigh more now than ever in my life, were going to try Tricyclic antidepressants. So another round of the human guinea pig. 

I actually pretty excited. I started reading about it and what He mentioned was called the gold standard for depression AND Panic! YES PANIC! Wow if This works! I may be driving! Maybe start DOING L I F E, that spells life! So now its weaning off, then starting. 

Reading this thread: