Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Changing jobs?

11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Leiho,

I don't have direct knowledge/experience of that situation, but I do think you can make a decision based a lot on your progress. If things have been moving forward for you and you are routinely meeting your goals, you are committed  (which you metion your eagerness), then a new job seems like a great opportunity. You will get new experiences, be busier during your days and have new responsibilities. The new challenge (and job offer) will add to your confidence levels and consequently levels of positivity, which will be  helpful as you recover. As for any added stresses, take them in stride. There are techniques to help combat them (breathing techniques, muscle relaxation, exercise), and with a good supervisor, support system and workplan, you will incur the normal amounts of stresses that come with a full time job with no detriment to you.

Congratulations on the job offer, and I'm sure you will see some great feedback from members who have more experience in that situation. All the best, and thanks for your question. 
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm working 3 days a week and I'm still recovering. I just got an offer for a full-time job and wonder if I should take it? On the one hand, I'm eager to get back to a 5-day work routine. On the other, I'm not sure if I can handle the stress of taking new challenges. 

Anyone has experience with changing jobs while in the middle of depression?

Reading this thread: