Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Silly...but a success nonetheless

13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha,

I am on session 4 right now in the program.  I am definitely tracking my moods. I have seen a slow upswing ever since I started the Lamictal.

Thanks Diva!

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Sally you go girl!
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sally,

Thank you for sharing with us, it is good to hear that you have been able to enjoy doing things you haven't done in a while. Be sure to track your moods using the mood tracker. Work through the program, it will help you with a wide range of aspects of depression. After you’ve completed Session 1 you can read through any of the 17 other Sessions you choose. For example, after you’ve completed Session 1 you may decide to focus on Session 17: Grief and Loss, or maybe Session 14: Resolving Disputes. Since we’re all different, it only makes sense for each of us to decide what area of the program best applies to our unique situation – and remember we are always here!

Samantha, Health Educator
Hi Ashley,

At this point, I really think it is the meds. Apparently Lamictal really agrees with me (have been on it for 4 weeks now). I really want it to keep working (this is the best I have felt in over a year) and not get that dreaded rash.

Since I have been diagnosed as having bipolar II, I think my depression may be more chemical in nature as compared to negative life situations or thinking.  I do have some life situation issues and emotional issues to deal with (see the post on marriage issues), but ever since I started getting medicated, those issues just don't seem that big of a deal now. I truly think I was blowing everything out of proportion and making the life issues seem much worse than they really are. I had always been able to cope just fine with problems or frustrations in the past, but over the course of this last year, I just couldn't anymore. It was all just too much. I stopped eating, stopped bathing, and stopped getting out bed. I am now amazed at how truly debilitating depression is.

So yes, I think the meds are starting to make a difference. I also went out and did some things I used to really enjoy this week, such as poke around in thrift stores and go to the library. I had stopped doing that because I enjoyed nothing. The med that is working now is the 4th med I have tried.

I am scheduled to increase the dose next week, and I am really nervous about changing the dose. I think I am happy on this dose, but the doc said a higher dose is needed for true therapeutic benefits.

Even though I think the root of my depression is chemical in nature, I am still going to work through the program and get counseling (and hopefully marriage counseling), just to make sure I am treating all aspects of the illness.

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sally,

This is not silly at all! I think it's great how you can appreciate how much strength something like this takes.  You enjoy your success!

What do you think was different this week that helped you to accomplish this goal?

Ashley, Health Educator
I have successfully showered every day this week, a new record for me for over a year and a half! Even though it's silly, I feel that it's a success of a sort. Now if I can just keep it up.

Reading this thread: