Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Update ; just checking in!

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lydster, Thank you so much for sharing your experience and success with us. We can all learn from one another and each experience can help us through :) Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all! It's been a little while since I've been to the boards here. I thought I would give an update in case anyone was wondering... I'm doing well! In a nutshell, I've been taking Effexor (150 mg a day) for the past four weeks, and I honestly feel fantastic. In fact, I feel so good that I am almost suspicious of it, but I think it's all for real. I am still working through the program here, and it has helped me tremendously as well. I find that with being on an antidepressant again, I am now able to really absorb and put into practice the lessons in the program. I have read the comments about experiences with Effexor. Definitely, these meds are powerful. For me, Effexor seems to be just great. I hope it lasts, and I hope if/when I do come off it, it goes well. I was on Prozac for many years, I think eventually it just stopped working for me - but I did alright on Prozac. I had tried Zoloft once, and for me it was terrible! It just goes to show you, different things work differently for each of us. I am just so thankful that I have found, at least for now, something that works so well for me. Honestly I cannot remember when I have ever felt this good - I will savour it while it lasts, and hope it lasts a good long while! So.. if you are struggling with finding the right med and the right dose, well try to hang in there. Believe me, I know how very hard it is. Just because I'm feeling good, doesn't mean I'm gone from here - I love this place, it is SO great to have a community of folks who understand what it feels like. But since I haven't been around as much, I thought I would post to say 'hi'. I think of you all often, and I hope and pray that you are getting through.. best wishes from Lydster

Reading this thread: