Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Who is the best possible you?

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great responses everyone!

I think we can all agree it is easier to be our best selves when we have support.  Having this support group I think really does help!  It is so nice to see everyone here being so warm and open with eachother.  It is beautiful to see you all inspiring eachother.  So glad I can be a part of this

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit:  just finished reading the posts for this a.m. and sure enough, you just proved what a great guy you are!  Here's a big ol' hug from me to you.  And don't think that I don't think of you often, 'cause I do.  Wish I could hold your hand through some of life's hardest times, pls. know that I care lots.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes.

Davit.
Cleo:  you have a great sense of humour! I laughed out loud when I read your last sentence. Thanks for the compliment.
Davit: I think knowledge always has value - when you pass it on, whether you are a little off that day or all smiles, it is sharing with another and that I think counts for something.    You seem to be a kind of guy who is very caring and if someone asked for help, I think you would readily give it.

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The best possible me is yet to come, I am still learning. The best possible me would be kind, caring, compassionate and forgiving. I'm working on it. I may never achieve it to my satisfaction but at least I try. I could add knowledgeable but it has no value without the others.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a really difficult question.
My first thought was to write that I am always the  best I  can be at the moment I am living  .. ..because I'm trying to be just that....but  since I beat myself up over not being able to control my anxiety sometimes I think...  well....that sounds stupid. I think we all play roles in our lives...certain qualities I admire in myself as a wife and a mother do not apply at my job. All I can do is try and learn from mistakes when I make them.
Lucid_Dream...Aww...I miss those days...I know  you have  heard  this before..but enjoy these times...they grow up way too fast!
Sunny123....I think you must be a friendly, approachable person. I  understand though if you're not feeling well its harder. That's normal for everyone .We need more people like you in the world.
SIM...Sorry to hear you're down...I love a lively discussion at times too!
Gotta go to work...where I'm knowledgable, calm, efficient,  underpaid .....etc...ha
Cleo
13 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The best possible me....

What a hard question. I mean, I don't know if I have ever achieved the best possible me. What I strive for is to be forgiving, accepting, in control of my panic and intelligent. I always value having intelligent conversations with friends and family. As of late I have been feeling like I have little to say about anything. 

Anyway, I am going to continue thinking about the best possible me. Because I am not quite sure yet what that is.

SIM

At my best feeling great and fulfilled?  I am still myself - usually a friendly, open, approachable person.  These qualities, talents, will come forward more readily and easily as my "life" at that moment is good - lots of feel good hormones bouncing around from all the positive influences. 
However, if my perception of life at the moment is not so good - feeling ill, worrrying, licking my wounds about something, then I tend to withdraw for awhile still being me, but maybe finding it more difficult to be so approachable.  The question is "what can I do to get back to feeling good again and being the best I can be?"
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me, it's "supermom".  I love having the energy and being relaxed enough to give my kids the best possible experiences I can give them.  Whether it's going for a walk to the park or being at the mall (which my youngest LOVES), or doing something more extravagant (e.g. our Disneyland trip), I feel so successful.  Seeing the look in their eyes fuels me to want to continue that success.
13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Members,

When you are at your best, feeling great, being fulfilled and achieving what you want; who are you being? What qualities do you possess and what allows for these qualities to come out? 

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: