Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,625 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

How´s it going?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Almost got caught waffling. I didn't want to go to town today so I was stacking wood to take my mind off it. Well I pulled up my socks and went anyway. Five stops later I'm back home and glad I went. I met a new person at one store and a person I knew at another store. At the post office the clerk and I did a comparison to having cats or kids. At the library I met two people from home and we talked about apples. A good trip all told. Even though I'd rather have stacked wood. I hope to make the sauerkraut tomorrow since I'll have all day except for a trip to the post office to send some Lemon Balm to a friend to try. So it is supper and stack wood till dark then watch a movie. I bought some glue and rubber strip to repair the shower. No rush on it, it has to dry first. I can hear someone I know saying about time. I get these things done, just not at the rate others do. If I take my time I might find someone to do it for me.

So today was a good day again.

Davit
Well I'm not as sore as I expected. So today the house gets a good scrubbing before the next project. And that is to make sauerkraut. This is a dying life style. Computers killed it. People don't have time anymore. Far too busy sitting in front of the computer getting out of shape. Besides it is a lot of work. Still worth it to me because I believe in " use it or lose it ".
I have a truck load of firewood to stack now, just delivered this morning. I have lots of time to do that. It rained last night but the sun is shining now. So all is well in paradise. It will take some discipline to stay in and clean but I will do it. 

I hope you all are having a nice fall too. Snow came part way down the mountains last night. It looks nice.

Davit.
Jasper is a sweetie somewhere between one and two years of age. And still a tom cat. Every thing is a toy. He is satisfied with the floor and doesn't get on the table or counters. Rare for a cat considering he does get on window ledges. 

9 pm and I'm just finishing pressing out the last of the apples. A good feeling, so today was a good day. Tomorrow might not be pain wise but still it will be what I make it. Anyway, I'm happy. The press will get a rinse tonight and Ill wash it and the floor tomorrow. 

I don't have a movie so I think I'll just go to bed. Lately I've been getting only 6 hours sleep. Not enough.

Davit
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your new cat jasper might be like a bit of a Tom cat. I have heard of a type of cat that likes getting in the water faucet, maybe he is one of these special cats.
Started off the morning day with a headache but after I had my coffee and toast things got a lot better. Got off the computer and went out today got a few snacks, some veges and crackers and stuff, stopped off at the book store on the way back and browsed a bit..This is one of my favorite pastimes browsing for books at the bookstore..So it's been a good day. Tomorrow its back to work on finding a new doctor MayBe or I just might wait a while and extend my break from it all for a little while longer..I have really only had one day off from it all so far..

Oh I forgot to mention I took some advice from the quit smoking site program and I have distanced myself from one of my big triggers over there..So I don't think I will be visiting there for s while. It causes me too much anxiety and depression and makes it impossible for me to say positive and stay off cigarettes..So I guess I am here to stay with people who understand me..I much prefer Oranges to Apples any way and on any day.... 

Red...

We got a new librarian and now all those things are available so I don't know if they were before. And we still have paper books. Along with interlibrary search. they will search other libraries for books and bring them in but you can only have them for three weeks. Duh, that should be long enough. All free. Oh and you can search the library from home. No need to go in and cruise the isles. So tonight I will curl up with a borrowed DVD from the library. 

It is still raining and only 34F. Not nice at all. But I brought in more wood so I'm fine. Just trying to call in jasper, for a cat he doesn't mind getting wet. Young and foolish, he does know where it is warm though.

Davit.
Davit,  I sure will be glad when the temps here stay cooled down and I can enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and a nice warm fire again like you...

Sounds all comfy, cozy and delicious.

Red..
The morning started of cool and the afternoon heated up  to about 90 today. Didn't get much done physically today.

I did some research on line looking for things of interest to do outdoors this weekend. I ended up on the public library site and found that they have some interesting things going on, like book clubs, exercise classes, lectures, knitting groups, beading classes, quilting clubs, chess clubs, scrabble meets, writing classes and such.

I never knew there was so much going on at the public libraries. I guess I have been living in a cave for a couple of decades now. There are things to do for all ages from toddlers to teens and older adults..and they are all offered for free.You can even get ebooks and audio books and dvd's at the library and they still have paper books too, thank God. Some even have wifi.

So it turned out to be a interesting day and I even learned how to down load the activities that I am interested in to a calender on my laptop..So I guess sitting around and being lazy turned out to be just what I needed today and the day was not wasted at all.
Richard is coming some time today to bring me a ton of rotten round hay bales to till into my garden and he will take the bucket from my tractor home with him to weld up for me. So, much as I didn't want to I had to go outside and take it off the tractor. I feel sick, but it is only overwork. Years ago I would be having a panic attack. Now I just accept that I have overdone it and will stumble through the day. It is my kind of day, blowing up a storm. One of those days when it feels good to be inside with hot chocolate and the wood stove going. After a bit of lunch I'll pick something easy to work on that I can quit if I feel like it. It doesn't matter if I lose a day now. But I won't, by afternoon I will be restless. The wind is whistling in the eaves and Theodore is curled up asleep. Jasper has gone to hunt in the swamps and I won't likely see him till evening. Oh to be young and healthy again. I used to love walking the trail around the ponds when the leaves were falling. There is a bench half way to rest on. Memories, it is good to have memories when we can't do things anymore. It is better to have someone to share them with. I remember the fall living by Lake Athabasca. The water just barely above freezing, black and dangerous looking. Clouds heavy with coming snow. Leaves littering the shore line and floating on the water. And quiet, so quiet with only the sound of the water against the boat. And a certain smell to the air that will go with the snow. Not the same here but then this is a different adventure with it's own memories building.

Davit
Its been a tough week here..Lots of stress anxiety. I have made some head way one some things..I am tired and look forward to getting in a soft bed and sleeping tonight..

Red

It is no fun waking up in an older body than I went to bed in, much older this morning. I never know if I have overdone something till the next day. I can feel a lot of muscles that I don't want to feel and they don't feel good. On top of that the week of predicted rain has started. I don't feel like making breakfast so I had a piece of apple pie so I can take my pills and now I'm going to go curl up in my chair with the cats for a bit with a cup of tea and watch it rain. I did throw in a load of laundry though so I'm not totally wasting the morning. The only thing I have to do in the next while is put the chains on the tractor for winter and this is one time want to isn't going to help much. I'll have to pick my day. So a week of indoor chores randomly selected by mood and hopefully there will be a few breaks so I can go outside. Time to wind down, nothing has to be done right now. It is cold and a fire would be nice but that would mean splitting some wood.

Davit

Reading this thread: