Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Made it through hurricane Ivan!

19 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi, congratulations!! Thats quite an accomplishment talking yourself down during a hurricane. I grew up in Florida so I know how scary they can be. I hope this gives you a boost and helps you feel more in control of your panic. Rachele
19 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much Casey. I hope all the members here were as lucky as I was today. I have been feeling sorry for myself alot lately because of this condition that I have to live with. However, I took a look around this evening and realized that my problems are really very minor compared to what others are going through. Take care and be safe and happy. Sammi
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammi, Good for you! This is great news. Thanks for sharing with us. I am so happy tho hear that you and your family are safe and that you were able to cope through such a scary ordeal. Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, it's over and I made it. I rode out hurricane Ivan today! It was very scary but I managed to talk myself out of several panic attacks before they got really bad. I have been dreading this for days. I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I was just as scared of the terrible panic that I thought I'd have as I was of the hurricane. Sounds crazy huh? Well its all over with now and I still have my family, my home, and my sanity!! Thank Goodness. To me, this is proof that we can control panic instead of letting it control us. Sammi

Reading this thread: