Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I survived a party!

19 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammy, Chanda, redface that's great news to hear! I'm happy for you, and happy for I had a similar expirience myself. On friday night I went out with this forum (not paniccenter but one of out local forums) friend to the movies and to a club later on. It was the first time I was out with this girl (though not the first time I saw her). The whole night I felt good, no panic attacks, maybe a bit of anxiety. The only "bad" thing is that I felt as if I were a bit flat...stopping my feelings to come out and show..well it's hard to explain that feeling properly. Keep posting the good news :) *kisses* endless
19 years ago 0 274 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great! I know how you feel, as I survived a party too last week, even though I did panic. But it didn't last too long, and I had a fun time too! Congradulations! We can help eachother! Take care! ;)
19 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Sammi!! I'm glad to say I can relate to your excitement! Last night with my husband & a couple friends we went to a new restaurant. It was a pretty loud & crowded atmosphere. (kind of a party place I guess you could say) I haven't been anywhere like that in months. But like you I did it & actually had fun. No panicking & I wasn't even nervous. A month ago it would not have been that easy at all. Also as I posted last week I took my kids to a water park & was actually able to have fun & no panicking! Not that I'm trying to make this about me but it's just so nice to be able to share good news. I'm so proud of you & I hope to hear more! Chanda
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi, Congratulations!!! What a fantastic experience for you!!! Thank you for sharing it here. Please know that other members will gain strength and find inspiration from your story. You should feel very proud of yourself. This is a major accomplishment and you had FUN doing it. Good for you. We wish you all the best and continued success with your new found strength and attitude towards panic. Please keep us posted, Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I cant believe it! Last night I attended a party with lots of people at a friends house and not only did i survive the whole thing, but i didn't have one single panic attack!!! I actually enjoyed myself and had FUN. I am so proud of myself. It's been a long time since I went anywhere like that and didn't feel the incredible urge to "escape." I laughed and talked to all these people and even made a few new friends! I think the panic program which i have been working on is partly responsible for this. I was starting to think that it was no longer possible for me to have fun in public. I have decided to take control of my panic instead of letting it control me. I'd like to thank paniccenter.net and all of you fellow members. I dont know what i'd do without you! Good luck to everyone! God bless you all. Samantha

Reading this thread: