Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

What´s Cooking ?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It got cold last night but is warming up again and will be back around melting. 
Trying beans in the slow cooker this time. The oven heats the house too much and takes too much power. Just playing, I have lots of prepared food in the freezer. Will make chicken noodle soup for lunch with garden peas in it. Still thinking about pies. Have to check freezer space first. running out of room.

Davit
Fun hey.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
breakfast: hi fibre cereal and banana lunch;two poached eggs,yogurt,tangerine,1/2 banana dinner;sirloin steak, carrots, fresh cornmeal bread, baked apple I can't believe I can follow a recipe. What a crash course it's been to learn!
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, sliced cucumber and avocado. Coffee with half & half and splenda
Lunch: made low carb vegetarian chili for lunch today. With left overs for tomorrow or later this week.
Dinner: Shake and bake chicken, cooked extra for salads, baked potatoes, mixed veges, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.

Than early to bed after a little reading..

Red..
Salmon casserole tonight and baked beans in the oven for tomorrow.

Egg noodles fried onions and salmon pieces. covered with thin white sauce with lemon juice, pepper, rosemary and fine chopped mushroom (whole can). Bread crumbs on top and shredded monterey jack with jalapino pepper in it. Could have used some peas but I forgot. Good.  Could use chicken instead of salmon. Lemon juice makes it.
Glass of wine to go with it. 
Enough for three meals. Two go in the freezer for later.

Now just clean up the mess and watch a movie. Try not to forget the beans in the oven.

Davit

Coffee break. 

I'm going to make some plain Chilli today. Low salt chilli. Only one can of tomato sauce. I have frozen tomatoes from my garden I can use. I'll rinse the beans and canned mushrooms. Lots of onion, from my garden too. Might put in skinned broad beans to thicken it but they are in the freezer outside. I still have half a laundry basket of onions. One pound of Hamburger just because, bit of oregano, spoon of sugar, red wine, some black and red pepper and lots of chilli pepper. Won't be ready for hours so it will be for supper. 

Hey the sun is out, haven't seen it in a long time. Now I want to add cleaning my deck to the mental to do list.

Davit.
Up here we have what is called a nuclear bone scan. It has to be ordered by a rheumatologist. It shows increased blood flow to areas that are damaged. It is what showed I had bone dying in my hands because the veins that fed that area were blocked off and dead. I thought I had Carpal tunnel because it is common in fallers. Makes no difference except what I had was worse and too late to fix. Just another case of "I wish I'd known sooner".

A waste of good french bread, I'll give you a stick of splintered firewood to use.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, I made some cornbread, but the cornbread I used was old, so I don't think it came out just right, using a breadmaker. Buying fresh cornbread might make a difference. Mom doesn't like me using the machine, and it is a bit noisy, but it beats using my carpal tunnel-beat up hands. The doc wasn't helpful with his test either, since he prefacing my leaving the exam by saying subjective sensations over ride test results, and decisions to go with surgery. I don't think he'd appreciate what I'd like to do with a fresh stick of French bread...
Well I'm not Irish and I'm making Irish stew with lamb like it is supposed to be. Mother was French and Father was a mix of English so there could be some Irish in there.

Hot damn I haven't made corn bread in a long time. Canadian tradition is with maple syrup on it.

Davit
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I cooked up my partners favorite Texas family traditional New Years pot of black eyed peas with salt pork and one smoked ham hock and some hot corn bread to boot too. I better watch out I am starting to sound like a redneckgirrl now aren't I even though I am really a California Girl at heart.

Gotta love those California Girls..

Red..

Reading this thread: