Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

What´s Cooking ?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remembered this time to buy leeks
I can make potato leek soup. Good stuff.

Davit
Big soft Ginger cookies. 

Davit
Making the sauce for the lasagna in the slow cooker. I like to simmer it as long as I can. I have some snow to move so probably won't cook anything else. I put the cheese in the freezer to stiffen a bit so it grates better. Lots of prep work for this dish.
Weather change, cats are being silly. Jasper has tipped over the basket of onions under the stove. Everything is a toy to him.

Davit
I'm getting rather good at making light fluffy Yorkshire pudding. I wanted to make it in a 9x13 pan instead of individual cups. That is how my mom made it. Far less trouble. The recipe I use calls for equal parts of flour eggs and milk. Originally it was milk/water in equal parts. But originally they didn't have 2% milk either.
This will go very good with my lamb roast when I have company in two weeks.  I know she likes Lamb.
I've become rather addicted to home made chicken noodle soup. So easy to make too.
The store had leeks, so maybe I'll make potato leek soup. 
Going to town tomorrow so might as well go to the store too.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I reheated some lentils for mom, with sweet potato. I had some reheated chicken with the potato and lentils. Making a devil's cake from a box was nice since it heated the oven, although mom has some taralli biscuits for a night snack.
I'm going to make sausage and barley soup.  Onion, barley, sausage and some macaroni. Spicy sausage so no spices otherwise it would be the classic, parsley sage rosemary and thyme. 

I'm making pie so since the Island will be full of flour I think Ill make perogy dough also and stick it in the fridge. Using milk instead of sour cream. I plan to run the dough through my pasta roller to get it the same thickness. We shall see.

Davit
I know people don't like microwave ovens but I use mine a lot. I pre cook chicken and fish in it at power 6.I use it to thaw frozen apples and hamburger. I thaw and cook frozen meals and heat the milk for bread. In fact when I had to replace mine I was lost without it. Silly when you think of all the years I never had power even.

Davit
Davit, No I used the oven,but forgot some water. I think we could start a thread on beans alone...
Hugs, did you put your hard pear in a sealed dish with some water and put it in the microwave to soften it? I never did much care for pears, they were always hard in the store.

My beans are taking their sweet time. There is still an hour and a half before supper so I'm going to make an apple pie and some shells and probably a half dozen tarts.
Have to open a window, it is hot in here again.
Had to put a slice of bread in with the brown sugar, it went hard. I need a humidor for it.

Soup came out very good.

Davit
Supper was sweet potato in the oven with chicken, baked pear and persimmon. The baked pear must need some humidity, since it seemed hard, but wasn't ripe in the first place.

Reading this thread: