Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

I'm back and I thought of you all often

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all!!  I am repeating myself, I'm sure - but I did take all of you and your thoughts and well-wishes and excellent ideas with me!

Ashley - I will take time today to reflect on where to go from here.  I feel wonderful - but I don't feel 100%.  I may have to lower my standards a bit but I do long for a time when I don't think about anxiety.  Presently, most days I can go about my day without thinking about it - but there are always moments where I'll feel a little dizzy (and I'll enter the cycle - and jump right out if I can) or some other situation will come up to bring me into the cycle.  I would love for those moments to lessen.  I am hoping they will, with time and practice.

I also still need to read the auxillary sessions on relationships and on worrying - I think they will benefit me in my journey.

Thanks for asking - I will continue to reflect on how to grow from here.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi C:  So happy your vacation went well and you are back safe and sound and successful.  Crowds and the heat can be stressful for anyone, sounds as though you handled it very well indeed.  Give yourself a big pat on the back.  

Sunny

12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm very glad you took the trip too! I am getting a sense that it showed you how strong you can be. Empowerment is the perfect word

What are the possibilities from here? What's next in regards to your anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie,

So glad to here you are back and that you had a wonderful vacation with your family..Congratulations on your successful exposure work..Your story is inspiring to all of us reading here..

Well, I must run I have lots of exposure work to do my self today..
Talk to your later...
Red....
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Carmie I am so glad it went pretty well. I am so happy you got through the circus, there was probably a lot of people and noise that would make anyone nervous, so happy you got through it and enjoyed it. I am so sorry about the tornado warnings, I did hear there was some iffy weather up north Fl, that came up very sudden, glad none came. I am very sick and kind of scared I posted you on another forum, I often heard sometimes people "need a vacation from the vacation" I hope you can rest and think about the good memories! I prayed you would be safe and have a good time, this sickness has set me back, I can relate to the strep throat you had and how nervous you were, I have to stop thinking its throat cancer or something, I am under a Doctors care, for a change. Welcome back  Carmie, we all missed you!
Thanks, Ashley.  It feels wonderful and very empowering.  I still feel like I've got lots of work to do but I am so glad that I was able to take this trip with my family.  There was a moment there when we talked about canceling but I am so glad that I took a chance.
I forgot to mention that the worst moments of anxiety happened at the circus, of all places.  It was very hot under the big top and I thought for sure I was going to have an attack.  I had to do a lot of box-breathing and I drank quite a bit of water but I made it!
I am so grateful to all of the help and support I've received here!

12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update carmie! It's great to hear how well you did?

How does it feel knowing you have taken control of your anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
Just a quick note to let you know that I had a very nice vacation with my family.  I can't say that it was anxiety-free (on the way back, I made the mistake of checking the weather forecast and saw tornado warnings...) but it was definitely wonderful!
I used all of my CBT techniques at one point or another.  I did some Progressive Muscle Relaxation on the trip down.  I definitely entered the panic cycle on a few occasions but I did my best to get out of it.  At several rest stops, I felt dizzy but I really just kept going because I know now that dizziness is a symptom of my anxiety and not a cause for concern for me.  It sure is annoying, though - but I'll live with annoying and hope it goes away. 
I saw a lot of successes and trials for all of you.  I wanted to let you know that I did read your updates and said prayers where needed or asked for - I just can't seem to figure out how to respond when I check from my son's itouch (I have a hunch that it's not possible).
Have a peaceful Monday all!
Carmie

Reading this thread: