Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Is my panic cycle all perception?

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm going to try this again...I just wrote 3 posts, but none of them have come up. All I want to say is...
Thanks, thanks,  so much to you all for your support and helpful hints, thats why I love this place and its people.
your friend,
 Juanita
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just some thing you should be aware of also.
You could also get blurred or split vision for no medical reason. It comes with a combination of fatigue and anxiety and is quite annoying lasting from a few minutes to a half hour. It goes away.
I have not had it in months now.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita, 

Just a thought.  My Mom had vertigo and that's a possiblitiy.  It's caused by stress.  The cure is simple.  There are exercises to do to prevent it from coming back and also there are pills to stop vertigo until you can manage it with the exercise :)  You handled it very well.
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita,

I'm glad you're doing better today and not getting bogged down in catastrophic thinking - that's great! Not getting too concerned but mentioning it to you doctor on your next visit sounds like a very reasonable response.

I've also had strange flashes of dizziness occasionally not associated with any of my other "normal" panic/anxiety symptoms.  It usually only lasts a second, so I don't get too worried about it. I've noticed even though it doesn't happen in association with other anxiety symptoms, it usually happens in the middle of a tougher set of days, so I've concluded it's probably related to the anxiety.

Keep up all that positive self-talk!
Teebs
Hi Everone,
Thanks for your replies...I'm much better today... I was just  hyperaware yesterday(that always happens when I have a new unknown physical sensation) but not now.....
I am back to my new and improving self...I will definantly tell my doctor about it next time I see her, and if it happens again, I may go see her sooner. I am not sitting around fretting about  it, so that is good.
I do have allergies, and  hi BP, it could have been anything, and I am choosing to think its a minor thing, not catastrophing it, as I used to do about everything.
In fact, I'm off to have  tea with a friend,  its a gorgeous day here, fallish, sunny!Ya! Just the way I like it. .  I will tell you what my dr. says about it... I'm not due to see her til Dec. But til then I'm sure I am fine, and will deal with things as they come.
Once again my friends, thanks for the caring replies,
Have a great weekend!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley

To tell the truth i can not remember when i had a refreshing night of sleep. However, I don not go through the day as if i was in a daze of not having enough sleep. I also know that the mind trick me into thinking i fatigued, but i am able to workout and have been steadily increasing the amount. I don not think I could do so if a did not get enough sleep. So basically I try not to worry about how much I get becuase worrying about it causes me to get less. My psychiatrist has given me every medication that can help you sleep, but I quickly get used to them and end up like I am know, and to be perfectly honest with you even when I was sleeping more, due to drugs, I still felt the same way I do know.

Dizzy
13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,

Dizzy, how have you been sleeping lately?  Any updates?

Juanita, now sure what this could be, possibly blood pressure, possible O2 levels, possibly an inner ear issue, or something else.  If it keeps happening I would check it out with a doctor.  Keep us posted on how you are doing with this. Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita.

It could just be like dizzy says, low blood pressure. But I will give you the anxiety side of it to consider since you won't panic over it. Remember the fight or flight. I have had vertigo a couple of times and because I do take a beta blocker I had to separate them.  In the anxiety situation you get vertigo because you go into a sort of F or F situation. In other words you stop thinking and moving in a certain position and the world goes on around you. Like walking along and you stop with one foot up for a second.  Like you have closed your eyes for a second and when you open them things have changed. When this happens when I am driving I  have to shake my head to clear the cob webs. It is annoying but lessens with time and I found it happened more when I was free. I think it is a subconscious not wanting to let go of the anxiety. It has not happened in months. Now this one happens in any position. True vertigo is due to pressure in your inner ear and is more related to standing and walking. Both usually go away in a bit. Although I have had true vertigo go on all day, pretty much confining me to a chair. With the first, Typing might be a bit hard, with true virtigo you can do most anything but stand.  Does it get better? Oh yes it does but it may pop up once in a while. It is just a little dragon pet it and tell it to go play some where else and you will be okay.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita:  I have had exactly the same thing.  I don't know if it's a balance thing in the ears - do you have allergies?  I do as you do, tell myself it's o.k., just turn over more slowly next time.  It goes away for me.  Sometimes I feel a bit of nausea with it but that I think is some kind of imbalance in the ear canal (?).  I don't really know, I did ask my doc. and she thought it might be the BP meds. when you've been lying in a certain position for a long time and turn too quickly, it takes awhile for the rest of the body to catch up.  something like that.  On the safe side, ask your doc. next time you see them and let me know.  I'd be interested to hear what they hae to say about it.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Uncle Davit and Dizzy,

I'm posting this here because what happened to me was in the early morning today, and I'm not sure if it was anxiety or not. You'd think by now I'd have that down pat! haha.
I woke up around 5 am, rolled over, opened my eyes and the room was spinning. I sat up, and it continued to spin. I closed my eyes, and laid back down...it went away. I woke up hubby,(ofcourse!)  ha... then I sat up again and opened my eyes... it was fine...  eventually I fell back to sleep, only to wake up and have it happen again, but only for a few seconds.
The first time I used my questioning negative thoughts, ( to squash the  I 'm having a stroke thoughts..to "maybe its a  flue") and it worked quite easily..  I kept telling my self it could be anything, nothing serious...otherwise I'm ok....etc... but the second time it was harder to get a grip on my anxiety. It took me ALOT of self-talk  to calm down,  to be "concerned " but not "worried".  For a few hours I was continuously on the lookout for anything abnormal in my sight.
Thankfully I'm off today, and  after these episodes  this  morning  I  have been fine ....I handled it way better than I would have previously, but not as well as I would like. I'm not "cured" yet I guess.
 So Uncle Davit, my anxiety expert  (and anyone else with any thoughts on this)  What do you  think?   Was it anxiety? I 've had lots of physical sensations before., but they  have all been pretty much the same..heart pounding, sweats,  extreme fear, none of those happened this morning....just my eyes were  seeing things spin in my bedroom, like my nightlite, and my nightstand, my alarm clock was kind of floating.....so strange for me....I thought by now my pattern of anxiety was pretty much "settled"....Maybe my SSRI can change how I feel during an attack? Or maybe its just "one of those things" ...? I didn't get up to take my BP, it could have been that I guess.
On a positive note, I am at the space in my head where I am "concerned", like anyone would be, but not "worried", well, ok, a tad worried, but am able to cope. I'd rather think of the positive than  the negative.
 When are going to have your knee operated on? I'm sending out those prayers for you.  You will come through fine, and be all the better for it! I just know it.
Take care,
Juanita

Reading this thread: