Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Does anyone here have parental anxiety?

14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome JVD!

How are you doing?

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jvdh,

Welcome to our wonderful support community and thank you for sharing your concerns.

You have reached a great place for encouragement and support and members are always willing to share ideas and lend an ear.

Please do take the time to browse through the program and work through the sessions as the exercises are designed to help you understand the nature of the anxiety you experience and teach you how to modify certain thought patterns.

You have received great advice from Sunny.  It is important to have faith in yourself because deep down you know that you would never deliberately place your daughter in harm's way.

Keep us posted on how you are feeling and how the program is working for you.

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the group.  I find lots of encouragement on this site.

yes, many yrs. ago when my first-born was almost a yr. old, my mother-in-law told me his eyes were crossed and I should go see a doctor, etc. etc.  Well, I made an appt. with dr. and fretted and worried for weeks, until he reassured me nothing was wrong and that it was quite normal for babies to cross their eyes once in awhile.  Next problem experience was when he wet his bed after he had been toilet trained - we had gone away on holidays for 3 wks. or so.  Again mother-in-law told me there must be something wrong with his bladder, infection, who knows what.  Dr's. appt. cleared that up.  It was the upset of having us away, not understanding that it was a holiday and we would be back.  After a wk. or so being home again and having us around, the security of the usual home-life routine, etc. everything was back to normal and there was no bedwetting. 

Honestly, there are many instances when an innocent remark makes us feel so inadequate.  What is the truth?  If the dr. says your child is fine, then you have done your best, you've asked an expert, not someone on the street.  When your self-confidence is low you tend not to trust your instincts.  Have faith in yourself.  You love her and she loves you.  You wouldn't let anything bad happen to her.  You would take her to a hosptial, doctor, as soon as you knew something was wrong.  This is a good thing that you are a caring and loving mom.

Being primary care giver to our little ones is an awesome job.  It can get overwhelming especially when we work too.  Do you get some alone time?  That is, an outing, lunch, with girlfriends, relaxation time.  Just wondering if this would help you focus on something else for awhile and feel more relaxed.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck...

14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I am new on here and am looking for someone to talk to about my anxiety. I am a 32 year old mom who works part time. My daughter is 2 and 1/2. For the past year and a half or so I have been struggling with anxiety/panic. My anxiety is centered around my daughters growth. I always fear I am not doing something right and somehow she is not growing. My daughter is actually doing fine. I know this but the fear always tells me she isn't. This makes listening to my instincts very difficult. I never can  rationalize what is a genuine concern and what is my anxiety creeping back. I can go for months doing great and all of a sudden comments from other people(strangers and some not) about my daughters size set my anxiety off. She is a petite child but is still is considered quite normal size. I am constantly getting remarks when people ask how old she is. It makes me think that I'm not seeing something that they are...I start avoiding going out in public and start obsessing over her size and whether or not she is still growing. I try not to let her see what I am thinking but she understands that I am upset. This just makes me feel worse...that I am hurting her emotionally and this is almost unbearable. When things get bad I just want to disappear and let someone else raise her. I have never had actual suicidal thoughts but wish that I didn't exist. I love my daughter more than anything and the thought that I could be harming her is unbearable. I know leaving her would also be very hard on her and this is the only thing that stops me when I can't cope.
 If anyone else has been through or going through anything like this please let me know!

Reading this thread: