Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Another newbie!!

15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karla

Welcome to the forum. I have found this program to be very helpful and I have improved allot since I began here. Don't resign yourself quite yet to never doing any of those things again. Take each day one day at a time. You will be amazed at how much you can improve and enjoy your life to the fullest again. It is possible. I promise! Don't give up hope!

Hi Teresa

Your bosses seem rather unsupportive. I cannot imagine how someone who has been through major depression can have no sympathy for you. Promise we will try to be supportive :)

Good luck with the doc and your meeting.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,

Welcome to our wonderful support community
As you have mentioned, there are many members here how have or who are going through the exact same thing that you are. We are here to help, support and encourage you, no matter what. Please take the time to read through the program, and to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. Please do not give up hope. You can go back to being yourself, and you can have a normal life. You can do it!
Stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Teresa!
It sounds like you have a great employer, so hopefully all will go well
Keep us posted on how things go,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi im karla and im 22, iv had panic disorder since jan this year. i have so many a day, its changed my whole life, im stressed all the time and im scared of dying. its so nice to hear other people in the same situation (IN A WEIRD WAY)!!! you jus dont feel so alone.i have given up hope on ever getting back to being myself or having a normal life as these get worse daily. i have accepted i cannot go abroad, drink alcohol, fizzy drinks, spicy food, eat late, go certain places etc...........
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Faryal & Genejockey
It looks like I could be off work for another few months according to my doctor on my last visit to him - I see him again tomorrow. I suppose working for 30 years with the underlying condition, before it got out of control, will need quite a bit of time to put right.
Not sure really about the reaction from my bosses when I discussed my anxiety with them, as I was more concerned about trying to control mine. The one boss was off work herself- not with this company- for 7 months with depression due solely to work, so she really should be a bit more understanding. The communication lines are open between us, as they know I'm here all day and they can get me by e-mail if they want to. The commusnication is one way, and I don't hear from any of them unless they want a work question answered (there are compulsary jobs for our industry that have to be done around Oct/Nov, that only I have done for the last 5 years, so they have to muddle through now), or I contact them.  A traumatic week for me I guess - doctors tomorrow and bosses Friday morning at 8:30. Wish me luck, and thanks for your support.
Teresa
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Keeway,   It is important that you take care of yourself and develop strategies or obtain the right treatment for you in order to deal better with the anxiety. If that means you need some more time off work then that is what you need to consider. Do what is best for you and what you feel most comfortable with. However, keep the lines of communication open between yourself and your bosses. How did they react when you discussed your anxiety with them?   As Genejockey says, perhaps working even a few hours a week may help you by distracting you. But it sounds like you are not ready to go back. Please do work through the program and post often as this will also help you to feel more at ease.     Faryal, Health Educator
Hi Teresa

It can be really tough if you don't have an understanding company. I have gon to work throughout my panic disorder. At first it was really tough. I remember sitting at my desk freaking out. I just wanted to escape. But later I found it quite nice to be at work because at least I was distracted and busy. The sort of anxiety I have experienced more recently while at work is more like stress due to having too much to do rather than irrational panic.

But having a break will be good for you just to try reduce your latent level of anxiety. I am sure work will go on just fine without you for a couple of weeks. Try have a nice time while at home and look after yourself :)
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Brenna, we're a small company and do not have a HR dept. I initially went to the dr about nosebleeds I was having which I knew was sinus or the atmosphere, but my manager said I should go to the dr. I'd had a day off work because I couldn't cope going in with the nose bleed and my anxiety. When I got to the dr, the nosebleeds became secondary, and it just all came out. He signed me off for 3 weeks immediately. I have spoken to one of the partners and my manager now about the anxiety, on their visit. Whether they understand or not I dpn't know - they just want to know when I'll be back. To be honest at this moment in time I don't want to go back at all, and they aren't paying me at the moment, so I'm just seeing it out to see what I will feel when I'm better - which my dr has assured me I will be
Teresa
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the board Keeway!  We can definitely help each other through this journey.  Look forward to seeing you round the board!

Cheers!
Welcom Keeway

Please post here whenever you want to. You will find these forums very helpful- esp as you have told so few people about your problem.

Reading this thread: