Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Another newbie!!

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Keeway,

Welcome to our support community and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.  We encourage you to browse through the program and explore all of the tools and features that are available to you. The sessions are also great and the program is made to help you challenge your fears and get back to the work place. 

You mentioned that your bosses were challenging you. Have you talked to them or your HR dept. about your anxiety? How did they respond when you initially wanted time off work? Would you like to go back to work and is it something that you could start doing part time?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi all

I’m Teresa – I’m 51 and have suffered with panic attacks/agoraphobia for 30 years – without most people knowing, apart from my husband and very close friends. I have worked for all those years too, and have been very clever at ‘how to get out of things I can’t go to’. The people I have worked for since 2001 eventually got to me with more pressure workwise than I could take & I cracked. At the end of July I went to see a dr (I don’t go there often as I have a blood & medical phobia too – it never just rains does it?) Anyway I’ve been off work since the end of July (They’re not happy in work, but tough), and am due back to docs next Tues (have a brilliant doc – never met him before July!!). I then have a 2nd meeting with a partner & my senior manager from work at my home next Friday – they keep asking how they can help to get me back, when am I coming back etc. I have to get them to minute during the meeting that they are putting me backwards with these silly meetings – lost almost 10 days sleep before and after the last one – after the meeting they were e-mailing me counter arguing things I’d said as answers to their questions the Friday before! I’m looking forward to talking to you all and progressing through the program. Sorry this is a bit long!!

Reading this thread: