Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Hi I'm Rose

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Rose! Welcome to the forums! -Diva
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose helllllllllo . Im from England to and nearly cheered at your post out loud . I completely agree with you , our Country does not seem to reconize axiety very well . Was given anti-d's for years which tbh never ever seemed to work so came off them . On benefits as well (my husband had an accident and is unable to work) , would give my high teeth (stupid expression) to come off it but cant for now . Doctor sent me to a councellor a few weeks ago , great i thought . Huh , you are only allowed SIX visits . What good will that do ???? Half an hour sessions i will add . Rose this site is amazing , people are lovely friendly and very very helpful . I rang NHS direct a few weeks ago , was in the middle of a huge panic attack and wanted to know if it was safe to take a dizapam as i had just been put on beta-blockers . The lady was amazing , she didnt answer my question and chatted to me for nearly 40 minutes . At the end of it she said yes i could take a dizapam but by that time i didnt need to :) . She also reeled off some telephone numbers for me to call . Now i know i wrote them down , but have since then hid them very well !! Now again agree with you ive never had a panic attack last 'just a few minutes'. Hope to speak to you soon Rose :)
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose, Welcome to our support community. Take the time to look around the site and use the exercises to help you become active in your progress. We also have a sister site at www. depressioncenter.net for information and assistance with depression. Both sites have many unique tips and tools, designed by physicians to help you with information and support. Post often and use the support group for questions or concerns to help guide you. The members do know where you are coming from and can be of great assistance to you. Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm Rose, (not my real name!) - I live in England, and I've suffered panic attacks for over 20 years. At the moment I've been off work sick for nearly 2 years - I was made redundant in my mid 50s and no-one wants to give you a job at that age, at least not in this country. I have been diagnosed with depression, but I personally think that anxiety and panic disorder is my primary problem. Unfortunately, the medical profession over here seem to prefer depression, possbily because there are more acceptable medication treatment for depression than there is for anxiety!!! My panic attacks can come whenever/wherever, tho usually at night when I'm on my own - I live alone - and, of course, when it's far too late to ring a friend for support. They can go on for literally hours - mental health professionals tell me panic attacks only last a few minutes - they might disagree if they had one. At the moment, my anxiety/panic is mainly centred round finances, as I'm struggling to live on State benefits - you may not starve in England, but you sure don't have any quality of life on State handouts!! Sorry, didn't mean to waffle on, but just to say hi and hope to get to know you all over the next few weeks? months? years? - whatever!!! Cheers Rose :8o:

Reading this thread: