Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Hi...I'm new

16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Dazed Mommy Sometimes those fears overwhelm me as well. For me it is like "oh my god what if I start to hear voices or lose control or they have to lock me up and I can't see my kids." The trick of the anxiety is that it seems to work on your greatest fears. I try to put it into perspective like why am I not anxious of streetcars or anything as innocuous as that. When I put it into perspective I realize because having that anxiety wouldn't be an anxiety so in order for us to feel this anxiety we have to have it work on our deepest fears. For me it has made me realize that losing control is one of my greatest fears and by losing control it means being locked up or not having all of my faculties about me. These such fears actually enabled me to isolate my real fear, losing control. So believe it or not, you are completely normal and you will not go crazy or lose it.... You simply have anxiety. It really hit me after my second child was born. Make sure you post often, I find that when other people can empathize and have had similar experiences, thoughts et. al. it makes me realize that I am not alone... Mike
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DazedMommy, Welcome to the support community! When ready, get started working through the program to benefit from great suggestions and information. If you're thinking that the 10-15 mg isn't enough, it may be time to check in with your doctor, he/she will also be able to make other suggestions specific to you. Post often, we're here to help! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm a 34 year old mom of 2 amazing kids and I am married to a VERY supportive husband too! I've had anxiety most of my life but the disorder kicked in after a one time experience with drugs that seemed to kick my anxiety into high gear. I had my first panic attack the day after trying the drug... For years I worked through it drug free and they even went away for years. After my first child it returned with a vengeance..and I finally caved in and began taking Paxil.. It changed my life and I was panic free for almost 7 years..and now after my second child it's back again..even though I'm on Paxil.. I only take 10 mg sometimes 15 mg.. but I don't think it's enough anymore. My biggest fear is losing my mind... or my memory.. or just going crazy. If I see or read of other mental illnesses I'll be sure to get it..lol.. On bad days this seems very real... On good days.. ridiculous... Needless to say.. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and afraid that this time I may really be going crazy... Just waiting for the voices...lol.. Well I'm hoping to find some support here and maybe someone whos been where I am... Thanks for listening. :)

Reading this thread: