Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Introducing Myself as Another Sufferer of Panic Disorder w/Agoraphobia

19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stormyluv269, Welcome to The Panic Center. We thank you for sharing your story with us today. This support group is full of supportive individuals who may be able to help you answer some questions regarding panic and anxiety or just be a place to share your experiences and feelings. Please feel free to roam the site at your own pace. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When youre finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. I see by your message that you have aleady started our Panic Program. This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. If you have any questions or concerns with our "TOOLS" you can contact our support department at support@paniccenter.net. Take care and we hope to hear from you soon. Be sure to post often and let us know how everyhting is going. Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Amy! I understand your fear of medication. Part of me worries about that stuff and then a part of me says "It can't be any worse than this!!" I have been thinking to myself lately that I would like to try meds. If I do I might invite a friend or relative to stay with me for a while so someone can keep an objective eye on me while I get used to meds. This sounds like a big deal to ask of someone but a couple of my friends and certainly my family know of my problem so they would probably be willing to help. Keep us posted on the Panic Program. I want to do it as well but right now have alot of family stuff going on so can't focuse on it. Hope to do so soon and if I hear good things that will encourage me more! Hope you can enjoy some of the weekend. Rachele
19 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone! My name is Amy and I am a 22 year odl mother of two beautiful little girls. Briana just turned 4 and Kaitlyn recently turned 2. For as long as I can remember, even as a little child, I have been afraid of death. Then when I turned 16, I decided to smoke pot one night. I don't know what happened, but my entire body went numb and I thought I was going to die. Ever since that night I have suffered from anxiety attacks. I learned after many visits to the ER that I could ignore the physical symptoms and keep myself from getting full blown attacks. This worked for years. Within the past year my anxiety has increased, and I can no longer keep myself from getting an attack. I went to a Phychiatrist and was prescribed Zoloft, but because of some true horror stories I had read online regarding Zoloft, I never took it. About 2 months ago I ened up in the ER again, when my legs went numb and I couldn't convince myself it was just another anxiety attack. The Dr. there gave me something to calm me down and told me to go to a therapist. I finally am in therapy, and awaiting an appointment with the Phychiatrist to get placed on meds (I've been researching them all, and am still unsure about taking them). I'm just so tired of always being afraid, and it's gotten so bad I REFUSE to stay at home alone at night. I don't like going out with my friends to clubs, because I hate being in crowds. I'm constantly worried that I am going to get an anxiety attack, and that keeps me from doing a lot of the things I used to enjoy and things that I would like to accomplish, like finishing college and keeping a job. Well, I guess that's my story. I started The Panic Program today and I am hoping it will help me deal with the anxiety that has taken control of my life. If anyone wants to talk, I'll be around! :)

Reading this thread: