Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

I New, Nice to meet you guys

19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Casey & Rachel for responding. I have been on Paxil for over four (4) years. Sometimes I take and sometimes I dont. The paxil helps but when I dont take it for three or more days I start getting some withdrawal symptoms. I desire right now is to stop taking paxil. The panic attacks comes on when I am very tired, stressed, or suffer from a sudden shock. For example, most of last year I didn't get any attacks. One of my very closed friends died suddenly in November and I went from shock to panic attacks, and ever since then I am having them often. I think is because I keep thinking that I can die anytime from this illness, I know it is unlikely, but you know how it makes one feel. I should have gone back to see my doctor but I keep putting it off, even though I want him to take me off the Paxil, at least, for a while. I had the last major attack in March this year, thank God I did not have to take Xanax (I hear it is very addictive). I am not depressed often anymore for about the last two years. I try to use breathing exercises to help to ease some of the symptoms when I get an attack, and it helps. I am planning to start regular exercises very soon, (you see I am lazy when it comes to exercising). I have to go now but I will definately post regularly. Junie
19 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junie! I was at the gyn today because my pms seems to be triggering my anxiety. She prescribed Paxil for me as well. You stated that it is helping you with your depression, is it having any effect on your anxiety though? I have all the same complaints as you, loose bowel, lightheaded, tired, as well as obsessive thoughts about hurting myself. How long have you been on Paxil and is it doing anything for those symptoms yet? Rachele
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junie, Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing your story with us today. You will find that there is tons of support and encouragement on our site. Please feel free to roam the site. There are many great tools available. We have developed a Panic Program which can be found to the left of your screen. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post them here in the support group or e-mail or please contact us at support@paniccenter.net. The Panic Center also has a sister site called the "The Depression Center". You can visit this site at www.depressioncenter.net. Here you will find our Depression Test. Again, this test is not a diagnostic tool and is not a replacement or substitute for a physician's advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. If you continue to need extra support our Support Department is always available 24/7. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to hear from you again soon. Be sure to post often and let us know how everything is going. Take care, Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my name is Junie. I have been suffering from panic disorder since 2002. It all started after I had my second child with post portem depression as the doctor called it. Then it seemed I get depressed over everthing. The attacks started suddenly in October 2002 and it seems to be sticking to me since then. I am now taking Paxil 20mg per day which helps with the depression. I get symptoms like chils, loose bowel movement, weakness and tiredness, lightheaded, it is just awful at times. The good thing is I dont believe I am dying that much anymore. It is as if I am kinda getting used to the idea that I have this thing. I however intend to fight it and will not allow it to take control of my life. In the beginning I thought this was a very rear illness because I did not know of it until I got the attack and rushed to the emergency room and the doctor told me it was a classic case of anxiety/panic attack. It is really nice to be able to join a support group on the net. Where I live in the I dont not know of any pysical support group but I do see my psychiatrist every now and then. Today is one of my not feeling so good days. Until next time please keep talking Jue

Reading this thread: