Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Is this Panic? Mania? Depression? ???

20 years ago 0 274 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very sorry to hear you were hospitalised; but sorry also that you stopped treating yourself. I've come off meds in the past a few times, but I don't end up off for long, because I can't stand it. I appreciate your feeling of being sucked dry. At times I wonder what my life's path should be. Or dream about being non-existant. But I am getting better now, that I've been back on meds for about four months. It has taken that long for the anti-anxiety meds to work, so I'm not as panicky...and afraid to go out. However, the depression is still lingering in lesser quantities. But I just want to say one thing; my father suffered from depression and social anxiety....he tried to kill himself about 6-7 times during his life. He drank the rest of his life away soothing himself with alcohol. And you know what it did to us, his children? We are all a mess now. So I suggest that you get yourself some sort of help if you haven't already, and talk to as many people on this site as you possibly can, and begin to feel like you are not alone and that you can help yourself; if not for you, but at least for your kids and your husband. I you can't do it for yourself, please do it for them. Try again....my father was forced to see a psychiatrist when he slashed his wrists one time, but after a short time visiting the psychiatrist he said the meds didn't work and refused the shame of seeing a psychiatrist...so for that decision, the rest of us had to suffer, along with him. I loved him, but he died alone a drunk. He didn't have any friends or family left to support him. I'm sorry if I have upset you, but I want you to try to get help. Please write out as much of your feelings here as you can; it helps me to do so, and maybe others will have something to say which will help also....Take care....
20 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DiAnn, Thanks for sharing your story with us today. You will find that there is tons of support and encouragement on our site. Perhaps you can look into our Panic Program. It is a 12 week program, and the results have been fantastic for others. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post them here in the support group or please contact us at support@paniccenter.net. DiAnn, The Panic Center also has a sister site called the "The Depression Center". You can visit this site at www.depressioncenter.net. Here you will find our Depression Test. Again, this test is not a diagnostic tool and is not a replacement or substitute for a physician's advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. If you continue to need extra support our Support Department is always available 24/7. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to hear from you again soon. Take care, Josie
20 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm Di Ann. I will start off by saying that I was hospitalized about three years ago for severe depression w/ suicidal intentions. I had been taking Zoloft regularly for about two years, but slowly stopped because I don't like the way I felt. Before I was a perfectionist, and needed everything to be just so. On the Zoloft, the tenseness of perfection was extremely lessened, but so was any standard whatsoever. Meaning I wasn't overly concerned about the towels being folded just right anymore because our family now scrounges to find something clean! I go from one extreme to the exact opposite. Meanwhile, these past few months I just can not bring myself to go out. At all! I really can not describe the emotion I feel regarding this. I feel like I am wearing no armor, and I am completely exposed! My skin is transparent and everyone will see me! It is totally ghastly!! I even think of it in capital letters: OUT THERE! I don't want to go OUT THERE, I just like being IN HERE! My family can not understand this at all. Just today my husband told my two young daughters (ages 4 & 8) that "Mom is going to be in a bad mood. She doesn't even have the blinds open." What is happening to me? There was a time in my life when I was the center of attention, enjoyed celebrating and entertaining, now it is like my soul has been sucked dry.

Reading this thread: