Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Does anyone else have days where you feel like you are going crazy?

11 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aphairoth,

First of all know that you are not going crazy. A common fear of people who have anxiety is that they will go crazy. Anxiety does not lead to serious mental disorders. It just doesn't happen. Keep reminding yourself of this fact when you worry about going crazy. It may feel like you are because you are anxious but it is an irrational belief. This program will help you take control of irrational beliefs like this.

You WILL be able to overcome this. Anxiety is highly treatable; if you keep working at it you will notice a difference. To answer your question, yes it is normal to continue to have fear while doing the program but try not to worry about what is normal or common. Everyone is different as is their experiences with anxiety. Compare your progress to yourself and not others. You are doing great. You just sticking with the program and posting here even during difficult times is amazing! Give yourself a pat on the back for continuing to fight. This determination will help you.

A question for you, what was it about cooking dinner made you be able to relax a bit?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aphairoth,

You are okay.  I'm confident that this will gradually decrease and you will get better and better.  Sometimes in the beginning it seems overwhelming and frustrating.  I wanted to give up some days, because it was too hard or too much work and it seemed like I'd never be able to do it.  But, I did it and I don't have panic attacks anymore and haven't for over 2 years.  I still get anxiety sometimes, but it's never as bad as it used to be.  So, I encourage you, not to be too concerned about it.  It will get better.  Just keep telling yourself that, and believe it, because it is true.  We are here to support you.  You will be alright.  I know it.  Hang in there, keep going, and never give up.  It will get easier as time goes by.  It did for me, so I know it will for you.  

Shari
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today half the day I felt fear of going crazy, like I'm not focused enough. I kept doing my homework for week 2 and nothing would make me feel better. Until I got busy at home cooking. But I was scared because negative thoughts kept running through my head like what if I can't overcome this? It is frustrating to fight those thoughts all day. Is that still normal or common in week 2?

Reading this thread: