Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,603 Members

Please welcome our newest members: seeh620, MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA

We found out today....

12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Sunny123
It will be ok,iam sure..my brother was diabetic all his life,so i know how to prepare the right food for him,and make sure of the right snacks he should have at what times..i guess it make me nervous because of the trama my brother went though back in those days, it was so differant then,,now,we have better understanding,and knowledge to help us..he is on the pill twice a day,and i know it will take time for his body to adjust to this,and me too...But...it will get better!
Bren
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren:  Sorry to hear about your husband's diabetes.  My older brother has diabetes and he is doing very well.  They have excellent nutritional information for a diabetic diet.  It's a good diet for anyone.  It is probably stressful at first wondering what to do and what not to do.  Any changes to routine can be stressful for anybody.  I like journaling when I feel stressed, it seems to get it out there, out of me, rather than circling round my head over and over again.  And it doesn't matter what I write because no one will see it but me and I can throw it out if I want to.  
I like your positive attitude and keeping busy.  I find that helps me too.  I'm going to paint the kitchen cupboards because neither D. nor I like this particular wood and its colour.  We've ordered the new pulls and I'm looking forward to painting very soon.

Thinking of you and saying prayers for courage and hope,
Sunny
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bren67,

You've mentioned some great ideas! Journalling especially can be very effective in helping people cope with various challenges in life. Please let us know how you decide to unwind this weekend and how you are feeling.

Sonia

Thank Sonia...yes,we will be more aware of things,and be better prepaid,for me relaxation,i love to walk,but right now,its still a little cold for it,so instead,i walk the mall,for my mile walk,then i love to shop,it takes things of my mind,and calms me down...
I am also wanting to paint my kitchen soon,so i am looking into new colors for that..
I am also going to restart my journal,and keep track of a calorie program for him,and myself..we will be healthier for it!
Bren
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bren67,

I'm sorry to hear you've been under some stress. I hope your husband feels better soon. It's good that you're reaching out for support, however . Now that you know about your husband's condition, you'll both be better placed to deal with it as necessary.

Have you considered some relaxing activities during this challenging time? What do you like to do to unwind?

Sonia
That my husband is type 2 diabetic,and will start his new med tomarrow morning..it has been stressful on me the last couple weeks as he has been having lots of trouble keeping his sugar levels normal,we even had to take a couple trips to the er for this..so i am hopeful this will level things out for him,and he will feel better soon....
I am glad in one way we found this out,but it saddens me he has this....you never know..
Bren

Reading this thread: