Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,696 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav, TNIKKA

My setback and how I´ve chosen to handle

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi C:  sorry about the setback right now.  it may not last long and you have a good attitude.  Hope all goes well soon.  Did you notice any changes in your routine lately, sleeping o.k., eating differently?  that sort of thing.

Cheering for you,
Sunny
12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you are having a bad week. It looks like you are doing a great job at managing your symptoms though. Keep working on it. Remember this will pass. Keep being present and check in with us soon.

The baby shower should be fun!

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi -
I thought it might be helpful to share that I am having a rough week.  I can't tell exactly why.  It started on Sunday night with some symptoms that frightened me (Right arm was going numb off an on).  I was able to relax on Sunday evening by doing some relaxation exercises and going to sleep.  I woke up on Monday and felt fine but while at work, I began to feel numb in my arm again.  I was nearly about to have an attack and I did try filling out an Anxious Thoughts worksheet - but nothing seemed to work.  I took about a quarter of an Ativan and then I headed to the nurses office at work to have my blood pressure checked.  It was a substitute nurse, one who wasn't as familiar with anxiety as our regular nurse.  She was helpful.  She actualy massaged my shoulder a bit which helped me to relax quite a bit.  She also asked me to call my doctor, which I did.  He thought that I was experiencing symptoms of Carpal Tunnel and made some suggestions.  They have helped.
Skip ahead to this morning.  I am feeling pretty nervous.  I keep thinking that my throat is closing up and my right foot is tingling.  I went down to see the nurse but she is with another patient.  I really believe that the symptoms are all related to my anxiety.  I am doing box breathing and smiling.  These seem to help. 
Sorry if I am rambling on - I just thought that I would share what has been working and what has not been.  I hope you are all having the best days you can.  What helps me most is focusing on the present and not jumping to conclusions about my symptoms.  We are also having a baby shower for a coworker in a little bit. I am going to try to focus on that and on the joy that a new baby will bring to my coworkers family!

Reading this thread: