Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,575 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Bad start to my day today!

12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks!!!!

Bren
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren

YES. Every "what if I can't" has an opposite, "what if I can." The choice IS ours. 

We share a companion, that annoying fellow called "pain". A definite trigger along with his buddy "fatigue". They have a big brother to keep them in check called "achievement". And when that doesn't work there is their cousin called "relaxation".

One step at a time, you are definitely getting there.

Davit.
I have learned that Negative thinking can increase anxiety,and being tired can also trigger that...
I am learning ways to overcome this..by getting my mind ocupied with other things of interest..
Keeping busy,and thinking more on a positive note!
Its not always that easy,and does take time and practice...
Instead of what if...replace with i can do this!
Bren
12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren,

Good for you for using all your tools to relax yourself.  Setbacks are not fun but they are part of the process.

What did you learn or what do you want to learn from this setback?

Ashley, Health Educator
Ive been doing so good the last month!
Today, i awoke with numbness in my lower legs,tingling all over,and feeling anxious inside...
I am useing all the tools ive learned,such as...iam ok,its just anxiety,it will pass,ian not going to loose my legs,or be parilized,iam ok..
I took a nice shower,went for a walk,and thinking good things,turning my thoughts into postive ones,and writing in my journals and here too...
My trigger??
I have been woke up out of a sound sleep 2 nights in a row now..late night calls a scary,as it means something is wrong with someone..and the first call night for last,my son in law was in the er with a thumb dislocated,and that was scary,and,last night my sister calls me,but nothing bad had happened..but in my subconicouse, it was on gaurd,and i did rest as i should...so when i woke up,my body too was reacting to that,and so on...
Iam doing my deep breahting,and concentrating on good thoughts right now..it will pass, but i do hate these setbacks!!!
I will be fine,iam going to do meditation now!
Bren

Reading this thread: