Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,674 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Bleurgh !

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol sorry to laugh but the thought of my sons doing sports is just so funny to me . I loved doing sports when i was younger and was in every team i could play for . My sons hate sport . I gave up many years ago 'encouraging' them .

Havnt posted properly for a couple of days now because i feel lously again . Pain wise , its creeping up again . But i can handle it . It gets me down and very frustrated i could scream . Still i have my hospital appointment next week , maybe i will get some answers . Although still havnt any paper work for my appointment , i made app online so i hope everythings ok .

Back to not eating as well , well i do eat but not very much/well . I know that will pass like the pain so not too worried .

Ok a question for you . Last few weeks i keep getting a horrible funny sensation in my left ear . Its driving me mad when it happens . Mostly at night too when i go to bed . Its not like the heartbeat thing . Its bionic !! thud thudding all the time . It usually lasts a few hours but two nights ago it last all night right through to the dinnertime yesterday . I dont get any pain , well maybe a twinge or two nothing majour . Has anyone else ever had this ?

Well thats all i have for now washing up awaits , then bath time and bed for kids . Never ends but at least school started today and they both came so happy with their new teachers  . They didnt like last years ones !

Speak soon CD xx
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's weird to me because my sister was the high strung one and I was the laid back one... but once my sister found her place in her life (she's really got it going now) I became the high strung one. I always knew we were yin and yang.
But I also agree about the sports thing. I never was in a competitive sport and feel I lack the motivation sometimes. I know I settled for less so many times and gave up on myself and made that ok. Maybe I needed to be pushed around a bit. Honestly, my husband's behavior atm is pushing me around and I have never felt so strong! 

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya CD,

Sorry to hear about your worries with your sons. Must be so tough. I do not have kids and as such try to avoid giving advice on the subject. But I will say that I admire how loving and caring you are. With everything on your plate and still you are so lovely and kind to everyone. You really are great. Hang in there and please keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Dee,

If you don't mind my advice, me and my brother were pretty much the same as the sons you speak of.  I was high strung, whereas my brother was laid back.  What helped us both was organized sports.  It kept us focused, we had teammates to rely on, and the workout regime can be just what you need to take your mind off the mindless.  The sport they choose should be one they want though, soccer, karate, whatever floats their boat.

What I wrote sounds like a typical male view, but really it's true.  You learn a lot from working with a team, focusing on one thing, and doing something you enjoy.

Oh, and yea I went to Oxford, to a couple pubs with my dad when I was 9 (unfortunately they didn't let me drink  :oP).
England in general was a beautiful place, plush green fields all over!  Cornwall, aha!  You're nicking at my memory with these, my parents were travelers, so I've seen above and beyond where we lived.  I also remember the subways had problems with scorpions for a little bit there (always looked for them!!!  never found any...), they ever fix that?
Its a great word Gene and one i tend to use alot atm . Do cringe writing in this thread with the title sometimes , espically when i dont feel bleurgh .

Lol Miki , well the day has half gone . Spending it catching up with the housework and pc so pretty normal  . Well one thing , i got up at 7 to make sure son got up for college . Poor lad is showing majour anxiety tendencies like me . He has always been like it ever since a small child . I do help him , espically with what i have learnt here . He is so highly strung and im the only one who manages to calm him . Its just frustration on his part in dealing with pressure . Now my eldest , the one with autism and asperbergers (sp) he is the total opposite . So laid back , infact too laid back . He is becoming a recluse . He hardly leaves his room . He's been like since leaving college last year . He needs something , i will have to look into it because im really beginning to worry now .
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CD

I think bleurgh sums up the feeling pretty well. Just remember that it to will pass. I find that I move through cycles of anxiety and when I am in a bleurgh phase it is difficult to see outside that feeling. But it always passes.

Well done about making it to the supermarket by yourself.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is so sweet of your hubby.
Great job, Super Mama!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cornish-dee,

Congrats on making it to the supermarket solo! Good for you
You are doing so great, keep it up!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
ooooo not so good at compliments but thank-you anyway  .

Last two days have been okish . Yesterday i went to bed for an hour in the day time , ok i lie . I went to put the washing away and fell asleep !!!! Ooops good job hubby was watching kids .

Today still pretty yucky , i hate feeling like this . I went to the post office by myself then to a big supermarket to do our main shop . Wasnt anxious at all , first time in months i have done this alone . When who turned up in the shop ????? Hubby  .

Actually i was grateful , trolley was so heavy and was beginning to make me hurt . At least i tried !
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I second that!
You are truly amazing cornish-dee, and don't forget it!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: