Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Bleurgh !

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CD,

I have nothing interesting or smart to say but I did want to drop in, say hello. Hope you are ok even if you ate too much. Glad you had fun eating though! Have a good evening and hope to hear more from you!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I second jhori82's post. Way to go CD!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are a super trooper Dee!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 have eaten too much , but it was lovely at the time
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i loved that one i really did . My ear was ok yesterday but woke up in the night to it again . Will get it checked out sometime but not yet . It dosnt hurt so can leave it . Diva sometimes things go really loud for me as well then i feel deaf very strange . Hmmmm

OOO was another bad day yesterday pain wise but not letting it beat me . I got angry with it /myself . Stupid i know . I worked like a trojan but paid the price . Im am too damn stubborn for my own good i know . But it does make me feel like i am in control at the time . It beat me yesterday though  . Its not going to today . I dont feel so bad so hopefully will eat better .

Had trouble getting girls up for school this morning  , but progress they left house happy in the end instead of huge tears and attitude . Small mercies and maybe abit of bribery .
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Cd,

Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. Nice that your little ones like their teachers though! I find you so brave dealing with all of this.

As for the ear thing, I get all sort of ear things. I do get the loud heartbeat in the ear thing. I also have this noise in my ear. Some people get ringing I don't. I get this very loud, annoying high pitched squeeling sounds. Not even sure how to qualify it. It is just plain annoying. It gets worse when I am stressed or tired or feeling poorly. I had my ears checked out and it turns out my ears are great! Anyway, just thought I would share that with you. If it makes you feel better though, have your ears checked out. But hey, you might just have the same kind of deal as me just with a different soundtrack. Btw, I have learned to mostly disregard this when it acts up and it bothers me very little now. So it does get better.

Anyway, hun, please keep us posted and please let us know how your hospital appointment goes.

-Diva

Btw, Joe, love the this is the soundtrack of your life bit. Funny stuff!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the infor jhori82!
CD, let us know how your ear is doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
I think our allergies relate to our anxiety in that when we feel something go wrong in our body, we focus on what it could lead to, what it could be, etc.  But that's just a personal opinion.

From my understanding, thyroid hormones affect every part of the body.  They affect metabolism, growth and development, organ function, puberty, fertility and body temperature (yup, I read it as I typed...gotta love webmd).  Your ear drums may cause the dizziness as well, I know whenever I went swimming and got an ear infection, it would throw off my equilibrium and make me sick.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have ear problems all the time. 
I think I've mentioned before but I have a swollen lymph node in back of one too. I wonder if our allergies relate to our anxieties? I don't really know if I have allergies or not since I don't have typical symptoms (coughing, sneezing, runny nose), but I do get sinus pressure and migraine a lot. And thyroid hormones affect the ear too, right? Well, my doctors check my ears after I tell them how I get dizzy and they say my ear drums are buldging out. I'm really sensitive to loud noise too. 
Aha, well your sons sound like me when I played baseball.  I hated baseball so much, I only played because my dad forced me...but my sports are anything with water, martial arts and soccer.  Football and basketball too, but ONLY with friends...none of that organized sports bs with those two.  It's all about what they're interested in (but good luck finding that out, I remember how I was).

I get similar sensations in my ear.  Almost like it's throbbing, just inside the ear where you can't see or reach...but you can sure as hell feel it.  I don't have an explanation for this one...maybe it's the techno in you trying to start a rave in your ear with the other chromosomes?  OR, you know how movie stars have music playing during certain parts of their life to signify the feeling at that moment?  It's that!  Your own personal song.  What lyrics would you add to it?

Hope the hospital appt comes back with good results.  And I eat the same as you, well I eat more now but used to have to force myself to eat because I knew I needed it.  Odd, considering I was never bulimic or cared about my weight being over/under...

Reading this thread: