Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Bleurgh !

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 cheeky !

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 of em!  You set yourself up that time...
See i can do short posts
 you made me blush um thank-you i think hahahahahaha .

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CD,

I think the general consensus is that you change your name to Supermom!
Way to go, you made it home, safe and sound. Hopefully tomorrow will be less hectic

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Dee!

I still can't beleive your day! Wow, just wow! You accomplished a lot! Congratulations on all your successes. You really are an inspiration!

As for the everything that can go wrong talk, don't you just hate those. I haven't had major surgeries but even for minor surgeries they give you that speech and it always send me running home for my mommy in terror! Man I hate those! I also hate when you go i thinking an appointment will go one way and it goes another...Oh and I used to dislike being pawned off on the poor overworked nurses until I realized that at my hospital the nurses seem much nicer and conscientious ehtne the doctors so now I prefer them lol. I see that the doctor checks and gets the last word but I don't have to deal with him lol. I know it might not be like that evrywhere but in my hospital I just have had better experinces with the nurses over all.! Oh but I difgress!

I think you did so well today and I hope at least the exhausting pace of your day will help you sleep better tonight!
Take care hun and keep us posted!
I will never call you unproductive, Dee.  You're like a supermom!  All that you went through, still managed to take care of biz, had a 911 scare, then you helped your neighbor...oh wow you are an inspiration!
OK you ready for this ? What a day , and coming from me you will see lol .

Ok things just never go smoothly for me , think im cursed or something .

I couldnt sleep well i did after 4am when alarm went off at 6am  . What with worrying about hospital visit and what my son said about the earth for goodness sake !

Anyhoo's i got everyone up and had to get my cats ketten in a box to go to its new home and give my neighbour to take to her friend . Ok this kitten was phychic , it ran behind the fridge as soon as look at me . 20 minutes it took me to get it on the catbox , moved fridge two times  .

Ok son was meant to take girls to school but youngest bawled , about the bullying i expect . So said to hubby she will have to come with us . No probs . Um taxi didnt show , hmmmm they will get a piece of my mind when i call them tommorrow . (well hubbys but im telepathic) . Neighbour ran us up the station just in time for train . Yayyy things were finally my way .

Erm nope , go off the train ( yuck was very busy as it was peak time ) and went to cross the road for bus . I forgot to put all my money in and didnt have enough for our fare  . Noooooooo cant be happening but was . Didnt panic went up a big hill and found a cash point and got a bus straight away .

Ok hospital , well i was in there ages . In the waiting room that is ! Didnt mind about that but was so thirsty and i didnt eat because i might need a scan (didnt) pah .

I didnt even see a doctor !!!!!!!!! Just a nurse . I cant believe it . I had to tell her everything and she pushed me around abit ouch . She went to 'see' the doctor and came back and said yes you will have to have your gallbladder out  . No idea what she said next , was telling all that they are going to do . Cut here and there , blow this up , tie it there . Oh and the beautiful when things can go wrong talk  .

Left pretty fast after handing in a form to go on the waiting list .

Ok journey home . Your love this .

Got to the station and it was blocked off at the front , only letting taxis in and out . Nothing strange i thought , must be stopping people parking there . NOPE . As soon as we walked onto the station it was full of police  .
Went over the bridge (eek old nasty one) to our stop . I didnt know where to look , they were both sides . Didnt like it at all . Hubby asked whats going on . Crowd control he said . Yeah right !!!! Wheres the crowd . They stopped certain men who came off a train both sides .
Then police sniffer dogs came along ooooo . Hubby said do you realolize the date ? Went white then , 911 . I felt sick and hugged my little gil till our train come .

Anyway back safe and sound , went to school , went to shops .Helped a neighour from spiltting up ( he was packing all his stuff in his car crying ) . Treated myself to a takeaway as well .

Phew i know its a long post and i could go on thats the short version !

Night night x
You really are a mother!  Kudo's, Dee...your multitasking abilities are pancake flippen amazing!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I find myself tired just thinking about your schedules! Sounds like you hav so much on your plate! I agree with miki, you are amazing. And you do carry a lot of people! Wow! I also agree with her about eating what you can when you can! I find eating small meals often is the best way to maximise eating when I am having trouble eating. (lately binging is more my problem lol!).

Anyway, please keep us posted on your appointment! Hang in there hun! Thinking of you!

Reading this thread: