Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I had a minor panic attack...

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya DM,

I am super glad to see that you had a great 2 days. Way to bounce back!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent! Glad to hear that you're having great days, I know that there are many more to come!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great rebound and come back.  That's the kind of positive mental attitude you need :)

Hope you have more great days.

DB

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone...

I am great!  I've had 2 great days since then I'm happy to say. 

It was just a yuck experience.

I'm just so thankful to have a place to come and share these things with.  I used to constantly bug my hubby with my never ending questions... ie.  Have you ever felt....???  and his usual response of no.... He is so relaxed...and not an anxious person at all...

Heres to more great days!
DazedMommy, how are you feeling today?

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI DM, sorry to hear of your minor setback, I get a feeling of nauseousness welling up in my throat, just before. Awful, grr..i'm sure you will be back on your feet soon. Thinking of you;)
15 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ooooh yes.  Swallowing/choking is what brings on my panic attacks and that feeling you get is the whole reason I'm here!    It's terrible when it happens and even worse when it doesn't go away for days on end.  Trying to relax and thinking of other things really helps with it though, watching TV, having a relaxing bath etc.

It does go away though!  You really have to push yourself to focus on something else, it's pretty hard sometimes but totally doable.  The longer you think about it, the worse it gets!  It's definately just a symptom of panic and your tongue isn't really swelling, it's hard to remind ourselves that sometimes though, really hard.

Glad you had a great anxious free day!  You're definately not alone here!
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CD and Diva...

Thanks for sharing your stories with me.  CD.. my tongue goes a bit "fuzzy" too... tingly kinda... that is awful...   Although I'm not glad to hear you've experienced this awful feeling I am glad to know it's not something I should be concerned about.  lol..

Today was a great day though and I had no anxiety... I did think about when it might happen again but we took the kids to a marketplace and looked in some antique stores and then went into the big city and took them to our PNE...national exhibition park where they rode amusement rides etc.  They had a blast... It was crazy busy there and I had no issues... We then had a lovely drive and had a nice dinner on the go..  Amazing day really and you made it even better by reassuring me.

Thanks so much!!

I appreciate it so very much.

DM
Thanks for sharing your experiences, it is truly helpful.
Has this happened to anyone else? 

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello DM  sorry to hear about your little setback , but i must say how well you did  .

Now i can say that i have had what you described every single day since January , i might just get it once . But it can happen up to at least ten times . I am used to it but i hate it . I breathe like a nutter till it goes away . Thats one of the main reasons why i cant eat so good .

Its exatly how you described it your throat goes so tight , my tongue tingles at first then it feels double its size and swallowing is so hard . Ive only just got over another big session of it  .

So the only tip i have have is breathe through it WOW !!! But your not alone and i find that helps me sometimes when  i find that out .

Take care CD x

Reading this thread: