Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

What more can go wrong?

18 years ago 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You don't know you have the energy, but it's surprising what we can scrounge up even when we think there's none left... especially if you'Re a mother with children. You'Re stronger than you thnik. But don't be afraid to get help because you may be strong, but you also may need a boost! ;)
18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Tiluli and Debbie i appreciate your support and encouragement i still feel at a total loss i know things will get better (eventually)(i hope) I suppose the stress of everything is just overwhelming me and im not very good at dealing with stress at all to lose 3 members of my family in a matter of 4 weeks is very distressing then to be asked to have a brain scan is frightening i wish i could take you guys in with me for support(sorry i sound like a scared little kid) I have so much stress inside me its a wonder i havnt exploded.Sorry i know i need to focus on the positives i have my beautiful children who desperately need me to be strong but i feel so weak like i just dont have the energy to fight the anxiety/panics anymore.Thanks again for your support guys. Lulu..
18 years ago 0 444 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lulu, I have to believe that you and I and all the others will have good normal days again, I did I had 11 months of panic free living where I enjoyed life and was fairly happy from Feb 2004 to Jan 2005 when I relasped. I am praying for you Lulu and I know you will enjoy life again, You are a wonderful Mother and I know you are a fighter. Please let me know how you are. God bless, Deb.
18 years ago 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strange how often this seems to happen! There's one death in the family then Bam! They all seem to come in packs! I'm lucky it hasn't happened to me, but one of my very good friends had a horrible year last year (stay with me, it ends well). First she was in a car accident, then her 2 dogs died within a few weeks of each other, then her mariage exploded, her father died, then her stepfather died, then she got this weird tumour-like thing, etc, etc! It was a neverending nightmare. On top of all this, she was already on Paxil for depression! She made it out, my dear! She dealt with each event as best she could one at a time and sought counseling. She got off the Paxil (withdrawal and all), continued the therapy and had to take some anxiolytics, and hung in there and eventually even got back with her husband (coincidentally, around the same time their divorce was finalized). All this to say, bad #$?$%@*!!! seems to happen all at once, but you are not alone. Don't be afraid to get professional help, because sometimes, we're so deep in it, we can't see a way out... but there IS a way out, right now it's just too much at the same time. Hang in there, and vent all you want, we're hear for that!
18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont know how much more of this life i can take at the start of the month my grandmas husband died last week my uncle died today my aunty died all the while my marriage is going down the tube.My husband lives a single mans life while i stay at home with the kids because im scared of having panic attacks when i go out what sort of a life is this?I am so depressed and all i want to do is hide in the corner of a dark room and cry.I have to have a brain scan because my doctors worried about the headaches ive been getting i have to have blood work done because she thinks im defficient in B6/B12 and i cant bring myself to leave the house but i cant keep locking myself inside either its making me feel crazy.Sorry all i just needed to vent. Lulu..

Reading this thread: