Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,575 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Did not have my surgery but........

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,
It's good to hear that your ok and resting at home. Since it turned out that you didn't have surgery as planned, it sounds very reasonable and like a good time to seek out a second opinion. I too have made some changes in my care plan lately and have found that I needed to assert myself more when making these life changing decisions. You should be Very proud of yourself for asserting yourself when it comes to your health care. This takes lots of courage. Good luck with your second opinion. I'll be routing for you out here..

As for me my health issues involve different organs but the idea is the same I think and I feel I am making progress too..
My primary doctor and I have talked and she is sending me to Integrative Medicine..They are supposed to be trained in treating the whole person not just the physical illness..All I have to do now is rest up and then make the appointments to get the ball rolling..I am hoping to be ready to take this step in January or February. What is important is that I am looking at all my options and deciding what is best for me and not letting myself be rushed into making a decision or surgery before I can do just that..It sure is hard and scary at times, but I think we feel much better about these decision we need to make when we are informed and have some control of the situation and our care..

Well I guess I have probably said enough for now!
Take care and don't hesitate to post when ever you feel the need. That's what this program and the forum is for..

Red... 
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren,
One thing I learned about going to hospitals, is to take the earliest appointment in the day possible, since people get affected the later in the day the appointment is.  An example is that people often travel to a clinic, and end up late. That means there's a chain reaction, and the later you are, the more you're affected.

Emergencies may seem different, but traffic has a lot to do with it, so if you can be there early, then you know that saying about the early bird...

Then again, there are fewer physicians, of course, unless you're going for cosmetic work or a private affluent clinic.

I always wondered how many doc's we've lost to that industry
11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do feel i dont the right thing..as i am still sore from laying on my back for hours!
I plan to get a second opinion on the surgery..that may help too..but i am ok with the change,as it was meant to be....
Bren
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren

After 15 operations I've been on both sides of the fence. Lately I've been the emergency that probably bumped some one else. I can't remember ever being sent home although I have been delayed a day. An extra day with no food or water is no fun although most of the time I've been too sick to care.

So you will have to go through it again. At least you know what to expect. You know we will be there with you when you do.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren:  Oh gosh, no picnic for sure.  I had to wait once until the afternoon because my doc. had an emergency.  I remember how awful that was just to have to wait from morning until late afternoon.  Sorry you had to go through that and hopefully the next scheduled one will go smoothly.

Sunny
11 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,

Sorry that was such a difficult experience!  Glad to hear you made a choice that was right for you and you're happy with it.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,

Good instincts.  I would have done the same thing.  I don't think it was meant to be either.  Glad you posted your update :)

Shari
11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A horrible experiance...as i was scedualed for Monday at 12 noon,i was there on time,took to the holding area,waited there a couple hrs,then they took me to OP holding were they started my IV unit,and was given nausea meds,and the i dont care shot to relax you..well,i waited and waited..then real emergancies started happining,and my doctor had an emergancie in deliver..after over 5hrs...i was asked to return this morning at 9am..so i did,then i went to the lower holding unit,got changed..and waited until almost 1pm,and my anxiety could not stand any more antisipation!!!!!
I had not had anything to eat since Sunday,and my head was pounding,and my nerves were at there brink!!
So..i kindly told the Rn,i had my own emergancy and had to leave and would rescedual a later date!!!
I feel it was not meant to be.....
Glad to be home,eat and drink my tea!!!
Bren

Reading this thread: