Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,579 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RFRANZ LIAM, BLOIS JULIEN, SRYZEN ARJAKE, RREYES, TBACARO

new game plan...

13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren,

Great realization!

Do continue to work with the program to help you progress through those negative thoughts.  The exposure session are also something to look into.

Take a look at the support and take what you need!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Sid!
I do love incouragment!!!!
Bren
Thank you!
I will see about that book!
Sounds like something i need to read!
Bren
Yes,we do have that in common..
It get very bad at times,and i too have scolioses of my spin,also heuropoty in my left hand due to neck problems,i do take meds for some of these pains..i take zanaflex,and they want me to start neurontin,but iam not sure about that one?
I also use ice,and heat to help..
Thank you Davit!
Bren
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pain has plagued me on and off during my life.  Yesterday I was out of it because of stomach pain, so I'm going to do a food diary for the doc and follow up.  "The Pain Relief" handbook by Chris Wells was a great help is factoring out the physical from the mental.

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda. Yes it does make total sense. Question though. Is your sciatica Chronic. Between 30 and 40 years old when I was building my farm I used to over work and get it a lot. I have scoliosis (sideways) and if I picked something up wrong I would just drop and for a week or more I would have intense pain. Now the lower seven vertebrae are fused and it doesn't happen. But now my hips and legs get sore because I do not bend normal. Nothing compared to the pain you get. But chronic does drag a person down. We have one thing in common though and that is the constant struggle to work through the pain and immobility. So you see it is good to see some one else can do this too. On days when I just can't stand it any more it gives me the incentive to just do it.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,
I see a quality in you which I've had for years.  On most days, I still have this quality of being unfocused, or scattered.  Would you consider following the program, maybe one module a week?
If you're journalling, there's a blog too, although I'm not into journaling any longer, since exposure is so important.
Hope you don't see this quality of being unfocused as a criticism, since most of us are drawn to this site as we struggle with the related conditions to anxiety.

Mom's doc, for example, does what many do since they're overworked.  They order tests.  We ordinary people tend to "keep busy" instead of listening, smelling the roses, etc.
13 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Good morning Bren:

Congratulations! Yes it does make sense!! It's called positive self talk and relaxation..Your doing great at it..This is real progress, you're doing it.. Give yourself a big pat on the back..
Thanks for posting this good news. It really inspires others reading here..

Sid
ok,,,after seaching the net,and studying the out comes..this is the plan i have for now..
I now know my trigger to my anxiety,and its the sciatica pain i have,so,,i now know,that it wont kill me,iam not going to lose a leg,ect..
Last night,the pain started again..this time,i told myself,,i am tired,i have to sleep,need my rest,done some deep breathing,and fell back to sleep..today,i am telling myself.i am ok,its just sciatica,and alot of times this will go away in due time,with ibeprophine,muscle relaxants and sleep aids,ill get through this!
Yes,it is a painful thing,and i hate it!
But..i will get through it! and over come it!
Iam not ignoring it,but iam not going to let it rule me or my life!
Now..that i have come to realize this,it makes it easier to cope....
Does any of this make some kind of since?
Bren

Reading this thread: